Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought a new MAF and installed it and the car ran really rough. Though it might be adjusting, but it then just kept stalling. Had to keep pumping the accelerator pedal to keep the engine going, keeping my foot down didn't work I had to pump. I couldn't even get it in drive to drive off.

No error codes came up and I could see the sensor details on the puter so it was working...... I guess. I put the old one back it and it was fine again. If the maf is dodgy surly it would come up with an error code if its causing the car to stall? I would literally turn the key it starts then dies.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery, then remove/install the sensor, then re-connect the battery? Mine was doing something similar after I cleaned it, disconnected the battery and re-plugged it in and it works fine now.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O no. I left battery connected. I Didn't think it would make a difference. I find a lot of the time I don't bother disconnecting the bat if I am doing quick things.
I will give it a try, though thought seeing as I had not put the key in all the electrics would be off?

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
^^ Only thing I can think of really. Your symptoms just sounded familiar to mine, so I thought I'd mention it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool beans. Hopefully it will work. Nothing more disappointing than receiving a new item to find it doesn't work

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Is the part OEM? If not I know ppl were having issues with aftermarket MAFs...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts