Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, finally the negotiating I did with Rich has paid off!!!!

"A bolt-on Whisper 2.5" axleback is on it's way and will be out before the end of this month. You can read about it in January issue of SubieSport magazine as it graces their own Project WRX Wagon(along with the full MadDad exhaust header and V2 downpipe). That will be followed up with a Forest XT specific 3" catback tuned especially for the Forester. I new hi-flow secondary cat pipe is also on it's way and will be out before the end of the month. People are going to love this pipe because is uses the metal substrate hi-flow cat, but we house it inside the shell of a standard ceramic cat to give it a bit more of an OEM look, since many of the metal substrate cats don't even look like cats to many folks. Lots of good stuff coming." (qoute of Rich from post on Nasioc)

Here is some background on the MadDad Whisper CBE and sound sound clips

BTW... I am in no means affiliated with Daddy's SCP. I just saw a product that he was developing for the WRX/STi market and persistantly requested he consider offering a Forester specific product since many here, including myself, were looking for a CBE that met the requirements his product offers.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
I talked to Rich about this two weeks ago, as I had a WRX version on order. He called me up and told me to wait on it, and get the FXT specific one.

Mad Daddy makes excellent products though, and there customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ZuMBLe said:
Will there be a forester axleback?
I will refer you to Rich for the answer to that one. The 2.5" Whisper axleback is slated for release the end of this month. My guess would be that if the Forester specific CBE is a go, then the 3" axleback section could be sold seperately.

But, there is only a limited production run at this point to see if there is a sufficient market demand. Personally, this solution seems to fit the bill for the masses that wish to have a true 3" straight through CBE that eminates a nice deep boxer rumble but is designed with the characteristics of the boxy rear cabin to be drone free produce low Db levels.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ant927 said:
put me down for the 3 in. catback...any ETA? =)
I can't really say for sure due to prior products being in the que ahead of this... ie the 2.5" axleback for the WRX/STi and the MadDad high-flow midpipe... but I was told a rough estimate of approximately 4 weeks for the initial limited production run. I am first in line to get one since I have been working with Rich to make this happen, but he told me that there would be about 6 in that initial batch. I would suggest any interested party contact Rich via email to get on that short list. Who knows... with enough demand a group buy could be negotiated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F1 Rox said:
Will you be getting the axleback with 2.5 or 3?
I am going to be getting one of the new Forester specific 3" catback exhausts... plus on of the new MadDad high-flow mid pipes to complete my exhaust. I already have a Stromung divorced waste gate DP and a no-name cat-less t304 SS up-pipe that I got from Daddy's SCP.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
fxtacy said:
I am going to be getting one of the new Forester specific 3" catback exhausts... plus on of the new MadDad high-flow mid pipes to complete my exhaust. I already have a Stromung divorced waste gate DP and a no-name cat-less t304 SS up-pipe that I got from Daddy's SCP.
So this 3" is going to be a whisper CatBack? Yeah, Daddy's makes some sweet stuff. My next purchase will be their 3" SS intermediate pipe w/ flex joint.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sirwilliam said:
So this 3" is going to be a whisper CatBack? Yeah, Daddy's makes some sweet stuff. My next purchase will be their 3" SS intermediate pipe w/ flex joint.
Yes, it will be a Forester Whisper CBE. It is a true 3" straight through design just like the WRX/STi Whisper but the one for the Forester is supposed to have a different can section that is longer and will help to address the special characteristics of the Forester. I expect Rich to be joining us here within the next few days to field everyone's questions.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
fxtacy said:
Yes, it will be a Forester Whisper CBE. It is a true 3" straight through design just like the WRX/STi Whisper but the one for the Forester is supposed to have a different can section that is longer and will help to address the special characteristics of the Forester. I expect Rich to be joining us here within the next few days to field everyone's questions.
Will it be a dual tip?:grin:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ZuMBLe said:
Will there be a forester axleback?
Zumble... Rich has been following this thread and here is the answer he sent me regarding the axleback...

"The FXT 3" Whisper catack will be out first. I don't have an ETA on a 2.5" bolt-on axleback, but it will be easy to follow up with one since the only difference will be the internal baffle and the 2.5" diameter piping"

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
fxtacy said:
Zumble... Rich has been following this thread and here is the anser he sent me regarding the axleback...

"The FXT 3" Whisper catack will be out first. I don't have an ETA on a 2.5" bolt-on axleback, but it will be easy to follow up with one since the only difference will be the internal baffle and the 2.5" diameter piping"
Any idea on the dB readings at idle and at WOT w/ the 3" WCBE? Possibly in conjucture w/ a Helix 3" catted DP or MadDad catted DP? Also, any droning at highway speeds?

I would love to get the 3" whisper axleback to complete the 3" TBE but I am worried about dB level and droning...gotta make the wife happy:roll:

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
3" axelback is what I need. I never dealt with MadDad's products before. Do they have a website or I have to do a search on NASIOC?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I'm also curious about this. I want a 3" exhaust to mate with my stealthback but I want it even quieter than the prodrive exhaust. I don't want it any louder than my current sti axleback. If the maddad whisper fits this bill.. I will take one.

Aleksey said:
3" axelback is what I need. I never dealt with MadDad's products before. Do they have a website or I have to do a search on NASIOC?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts