1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharp! How does it drive?

Stan
A little sharper turn-in and steering response than with the same tire in P225/55-17. With air pressure set to 32 F/31 R ride comfort is fine. I should be able to enjoy them to late November/early December until the New England winter sets in (i.e., snow!).

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,744 Posts
That looks great!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Very Nice Canonshooter. Really good choice. Enjoy them.

Oops......sorry about the double post, but they do look that good ;).

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
I had 18x8 Tarmac 3s on my car. It seems T3s have a lip, T2s don't.

My new wheels look like the T2s. I didn't notice that 'till just now, I thought they were more like the T3s I used to have. For some reason I like the look without the lip better.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought the same...

Canon, those look great.. and the 235/50 gives a meaty appearance..enough to fill the gap that my 225/45 need. You are swifting rite?
Thanks!

Yes, Swifters they are. I've had them on for over 2 years/50k miles and I think they may have settled a touch. No measurements but it seems maybe they're a 1/4 inch lower now than when new (which is fine with me!).

I also noticed that on the P235/50-17 Advan S4s as compared to the same tire in P225/55-17, the rim protector is much deeper. In fact, it seems as though the entire sidewall "sticks out" more on this size (which is also fine with me).

And of course, going from a 55 series to a 50 has removed some squirm from the sidewall, resulting in sharper steering response.

Thanks to all for taking a look!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts