Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after trying to find a rally type light bar for the SG Forester, I got fed up and decided to make my own. I Went to Lowes and found some 1” aluminum bar stock and went to work. I had a general idea of what I wanted, so I looked at what I had to work with and was actually quite pleased. There were already two Horizontal holes that were perfectly in line with the aluminum bumper block.

I cut the pieces to length then just used a bench vise to bend the bars to a 90 degree. I fitted the pieces to the bumper and… PERFECT (that’s just how I roll :biggrin:)

Next I just took the angle aluminum bracket I got and riveted it on to the top. This is what the lights will be mounted on. After getting the top bracket leveled, I attached the horizontal support that the license plate screws will go through to attach to the fascia.

Paint booth :biggrin:..

I use Krylon’s Wrinkle Finish Paint cause it gives it a bit of a tougher coating and a bit more of a professional look

Then just attach the lights and wire them up. I decided to go with PIAA’s 520 ATP Lamps cause they were specifically designed for what I like to do… Bomb Some TRAILS!!!

If there is enough of an interest I would be willing to make some for members that are interested.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
that looks fantastic- great job!! when you can, post up pics of it after dark with the new lights turned on!

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks man! It looks a Hell of a lot better in real life... the pics kinda suck cause im driving.

I went ahead and flush mounted the switch where the fog light switch is.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd also like to find some local guys with an SG5 and an SF Forester so I could get a pattern made off of their cars... you would get the first ones for cost of materials.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to mount mine behind my grill, but I Already have the Supertones in there and I figured it would look too cluttered. Plus you would have to make something to mount to because the plastic is way to flimsy.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
someone on here bolted a pipe behind the grille and then bolted the lamps to that. it was a solid setep, a sleeper too.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that would actually be a good solution. Im not looking for a street sleeper look though. I Love taking it off road and bombing around. Its a N/A with an auto, so its much better suited for the lift and tires that are coming in the near future.

someone on here bolted a pipe behind the grille and then bolted the lamps to that. it was a solid setep, a sleeper too.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im looking for a couple people in the Seattle/Tacoma area with an SG5 and an SF Forester that I can make a template off of so that I could make some of these if people are interested.

Anyone want to Volunteer?

Sea-Scooby... You have an SG5... :biggrin:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Nice work! I have two SG5s, so feel free to make a template off one of them if you want. Just PM me and we can work out a time. I also have a good friend with an SF (01) that stops over quite a bit.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No Actually I just took a fresh 1/2" paddle bit and drilled two small holes through the bottom lip (you honestly don't even notice them... here's a few pics.

How did you attach it to the aluminum bumper box? Right angle drill?

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5x
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're the man Chris! I'm pm'n you...

Nice work! I have two SG5s, so feel free to make a template off one of them if you want. Just PM me and we can work out a time. I also have a good friend with an SF (01) that stops over quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.