Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought our first Subaru a couple of weeks ago. We wanted a small SUV and looked at Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and Chevy. We liked the Forester because they are fairly rare and thus unique here in South Florida. When we went to New Hampshire recently for our summer vacation, they were everywhere! I think this stuck in our mind and we definitely were swayed by this. I would like to hear from longtime Forester owners to see what is common to SF owners.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us and made a great decision in purchasing a Forester.

What will help in the future is for you to add some vehicle info to your Signature, that way it will show up every time you post. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and start with the basics like year/model/transmission. You can add other info that you think is pertinent at any time.

As far as common ground with the SF, I guess I'm qualified as my first Forester and Subaru a 99SF is still running strong with over 340,000 kilometres (211,000 miles) besides some common faults with head gaskets and wheel bearings it was relatively trouble free. My ex-girlfriend still enjoys driving it as much as I did. My 08SG has been trouble free, but like the SF is lacking rear seat legroom for adults, but I like not having to drive everyone. Not entirely sold on the SH when it came out in 09, but by the enthusiasm of the SH owners here, many of them first time Subaru owners, I say we all share the common thread of our Foresters being fun to drive and enthusiastic owners who want to tell everyone else how great they are.:biggrin::banana:

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester X? Auto, 76k miles
2,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll find we're an added benefit of buying a Forester - lots of good information on a grown up forum!

BTW, you'll find these abbreviations useful:
SF = 98 to 02 models
SG = 03 to 08 models
SH = 09+ models

The letters are from the VIN which designates which model/style Forester. So keep that in mind when reading about SF vs SG vs SH. And as noted above, update your signature so we'll know what Forester you're asking about!

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum...

joe r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts