Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester WG 4spdATM
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... name's Rich, living and driving in Morgantown, WV.

Just bought an 06 Forester to replace my 94 Pathfinder, which took a short drive on it's passenger side after hitting some black ice. I'm a SoCal transplant and I figure that was karmic payback for trashtalking about not having problems driving in the snow after moving from San Diego last year...

Anyway, decided on a Subaru Forester after a short search. So far I like it a great deal, although I guess my karma is not balanced yet. My new2me baby kissed a deer the other night, and I'm gonna need to fix a dimple in the hood and replace the grill... looking at costs on that (I have insurance but don't trust adjusters whose job is to save their bosses money) I found this forum.

·
Registered
2006 Forester WG 4spdATM
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
Best of luck getting that hood and grille fixed up. If you're concerned about pricing, contact one of the Subaru parts vendors on the forum for an accurate price estimate.
Thanx for the welcome...

...not terribly worried, just want to make sure I don't lose more than my deductible on the deal. And now I'm suddenly surfing thru sites looking at aftermarket and all that. *shakes head* I should know better than to get started.

Money is so much easier to spend than earn...

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
coming from new york, you have to have a respect for ice and or snow on the roads, the day you think your better then it, is the day you crash

·
Registered
2006 Forester WG 4spdATM
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... seeing as how you've got an XT from your profile, the modding bug can bite without warning sometimes. And when it bites, be careful how quickly he uses up all that hard earned cash :lol:
errrr...actually, not sure why I made that slip. Was originally looking at the XT, ended up with a non-turbo. Not upset about that, but I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I'm still second guessing not buying the turbo.

That won't keep me from spending money though. Although it is gonna be a gradual process.

If I understand the naming system right, I actually have a Forester WG. Not sure what WG stands for in place of XS, X, etc. (the T for turbo was an easy thing to figure out.)

·
Registered
2006 Forester WG 4spdATM
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like WV..I get down to Lewisburg quite a bit. Beautiful state.
It's gorgeous -- but as a San Diegan for 39 of my 44 years, I still feel a shock when I step out into twelve degrees! *Brrrrrrr!*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts