Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm Jeremy. To give you a crash course in me, I'm 26 years old, live in Colorado, married, and I've been working for Subaru as a professional mechanic for the last 3 years. Despite this, I've only recently acquired my new toy, a 2004 Forester XT, which I have, um.... tweaked a little bit. Anyway, I don't know everything about Subarus, but I do know a lot. Hope to help some people out and perhaps figure out how to get around some of the quarks with these cars ;).

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Welcome!

You get to work on Subbies? AND get paid for it?!?!?!? Lucky sum-ona-gun! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. I really wanted an '04 XT... perhaps I should have looked longer. :frown:

You sound like you're going to need one of these Member Journal. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Always glad to add another wrench-head. And yes...^show us these "tweaks" of yours.

Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you contribute to the knowledge base of the forum.
Quarks? what are these quarks Subaru's have?

As well you can help us out by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it'll show up every time you post helping you get model specific responses easier. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go out and enjoy the Forester and of course this forum.:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 Forester
33 Posts
Welcome from california. I wish I had your job, I've had to do all the work on my car. Head gaskets, soon to come new tranny.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, since several of you have asked about the "tweaks" I've made to my Froster, lemme see if I can remember them all:

VF39 Turbo
STI TMIC
Silly GFB recirculation valve (I could be talked into selling this, fyi)
SPT shortram intake with heat shield
Prodrive flex up-pipe, catless
Turboback Turbo XS exhaust
High flow fuel pump
STI tune via a Cobb AccessPort

I may have forgotten something, but you get the idea. Next on the list is a new Header (forget the manufacturer), lightweight crank pulley, new turbo inlet, STI hood scoop, and perhaps some sort of IC sprayer. Brakes, suspension, drivetrain, etc. will follow. Also just put a pretty wicked Kenwood touchscreen head unit in, so the rest of the stereo will follow soon =).

I'll try'n get some pics. Bought it used with 164k miles on it so she's got a few imperfections, but is pretty awesome anyway.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcomes, all. Oh, my Froster also has a set of JLM High/Low 8000k HIDs, and a viper remote start system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts