Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 6speed RWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Paynter and im from Ontario Canada. I'm in my forth year of university and am turning 23 on saturday. I am young but I have been around the Subaru scene since i was about 14.

The first Subaru I built was a 1993 Impreza that was in Scooby sport in the readers ride section. I swapped a EJ207 into the car with Ej205 heads along with a VF22 turbo. Heres a Picture of it.

hows it going everyone!

The second car I built was a 2004 STI that I bought as a theft recovery (no engine/tranny/interior) and put it all back together, and added an SZ55 turbo, FMIC, and removed the big ugly wing

The Next Car was a 2002 WRX. I built this because i wanted to see how fast you could really make a 2.0 before you had too much lag. This is a full built long block (eagle rods, wiesco pistons, acl bearings, arp bolts/studs, supertech valves/springs/retainers, BC stage 2 cams, Perrin Fuel rails, TGV deletes, P&P OEM exhaust manifold, Stock STI up pipe (was HKS but too much lag), 4" Turbo XS downpipe, 3" mid pipe to stock STI muffler, SBR GT14 turbo (stock location GT35R turbo at 27psi)

This car was disgusting fast and I sold it because i knew my license wouldn't last long.

(the hood and trunk are painted with chalk board paint, everyone always wrote on it for fun, i cant imagin what other people were thinking when they saw it though haha)

Then I did something crazy and bought a 1992 SVX.

I have the 3.3 Mated to a JDM 6speed STI tranny and I had built a custom turbo setup for it using a Garret 60-1 turbo. I drove it boosted for about 2 months and wanted more power so currently im tearing the car down to get ready to accept two T3/T4 DBB hybrid turbos.

Pre-turbo

BOOST!

So now that my SVX is currenty in the build phase (its going to be a 2 year project to be able to afford what im shooting for) I purchased a 2000 forester for my side toy.

I picked up the 2000 forester 5speed for $800cnd. It had 314,000kms on it but not a spot of rust. I brought it to get safety inspected and it needed absolutely nothing, i couldn't believe it.

I purchased a set of Cusco coilovers for it and a set of front and rear strut bars to tighten it up (i know the bars dont do anything in the front but i heard they help in the back of these). I also swaped in a WRX shifter and linkage to drop the height of the shifter down and also slighly shorten the throw. The steering wheel was worn so i swapped in one from a 2006 Impreza parts car I had and I swapped the shift knob out for an 02 WRX one that was laying around as well.

My plans for the forester is to either put together a bunch of spare EJ205 parts I have around and put the engine in the car or attempt to stick in a spare EG33 I have (although it requires a LOT more custom fab work i think it would be neat)

Here is the forester right after I lowered it (it sits proper distance to the ground all around).

With these coilovers i can almost sit the forester on the ground but I scrape over even the slightest speed bumps now so I think I will leave it like this until the snow goes away.

I currently have a borla UEL header on it. On the shelf i have a set of Delta 2000 cams, and im building a custom 2.5" exhaust for it, should be fun! I am debating the install of the cams though because the EG33 looks like it would be a fun swap

Ill grab some more pictures of it today!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Nice rides! Thanks for posting pictures & glad you decided to try a Forester! :cool:

I suspect you're going to be MODding, so before you get too far along, make sure you start your Member Journal, or MODding Journal, as I call it. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 6speed RWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys :D

Ya that was me with the Blue WRX at the TSC meet.

I really want to do the EG33 swap because of how much fun a standard H6 is but like i said i have to really look into it because i know the engine sits right into the rad.

·
Registered
99 forester turbo s
7 Posts
hi and welcome looks like you know what you want with your tuning ideas will be keeping a close eye on your thread will be nice to see your finished forester looking at you other cars
stu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts