Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mother in law is flying in from the west coast and we are in need of a 3rd Vehicle anyway. She will be staying with us for about a month so I would rather buy a project car (Sleeper conversion) than rent something. I dont look at this as an investment, but I want to stay away from money pits as much as possible. Hopefully you guys could help.

Newb here so I'm probably going to ask or say some dumb ****. What should be my concerns as far as finding something that wont be a money pit. It's obvious that it will be a higher mileage FXT, so I'm worried about common problems such as head gasket issues, gas leaks seem to be common, and anything else you guys recommend looking out for. I think the 04-08 xt is the year and trim I'm shopping for. Is that the best year to mod? Also, I was looking for an automatic unless someone talks me out of it. How do these transmissions hold up at higher mileage when doing the STI bolt ons and ECU swap/Flash? I like to be effecient, so if it makes more sense to buy a vehicle with parts already on it, then I'll do that. I just want to stay away from other peoples headaches as much as possible.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

It sounds like this sub-forum will interest you: Forester Shopping :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts