Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester Manual
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just picked up a silver 1999 Forester a couple of weeks ago. I've been a long time closet Subaru fan and recently moved from Germany to the Sacramento mountains of New Mexico. I needed transportation for the family that would handle bad roads, was safe and didn't guzzle gas. A Subaru was naturally the first thing that came to mind, unfortunately they are hard to find for sale in this area. I eventually found this Forester, its in great shape but it has over 210K on it now. It's the first Subaru I've ever owned but I'm real happy so far, this is a great automobile hands down. And, it's been a lifesaver with the unusual snowfall we've gotten here this year!

I did a real basic tune-up on it, plugs, K&N air filter, a bottle of Lucas fuel system cleaner, a tank full of quality gasoline, top off the air in the tires and the coolant level, pump the excess fluid out of the power steering reservoir and new wipers all around. It's been running like a top since but there's something wrong with the clutch action IMO. It's real "grabby" and sometimes shutters real bad when starting out in first gear. I think the dealer powerwashed and detailed the engine bay to make a high-mileage car more appealing and ended up washing all that oily engine scum past the dry-rotted clutch lever boot and contaminated the clutch lining. Either way I'm still going to drive the wheels off this thing.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed yet, I don't mind writing. See you around!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulation on the new '99 Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

BTW, liking to write is a good thing! You'll want to start your own Member Journal. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts