Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester X manual
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PEOPLE!!

My name is Chad, and I Just purchase a 2003 Forester X 5 speed with 96k on the clock and I will certainly need the wisdom of folks here, to get it to tip top shape. From a cosmetic stand point it is really clean.

First you can, see I've already put the wheels from a turbo model forester on it, personally I like them far better. I've also already purchased some ski racks for it, I just need to install them.

What needs to be done:
1. The front windshield wiper sprayer doesn't work, I guessing it needs a new pump?
2. It has a P0442 (emissions control system Leak) code. I'm not sure what it could be maybe someone can point me in the right direction!

What I want to do:
1. tint the windows, maybe all of them, of just from behind the drivers door back, but nothing too dark.
2. Upgrade the stereo.
3. Maybe mount a hitch on it.
4. purchase kayak racks for it.
5. install spot lights down the road
6. get a remote lock/unlock for it. ( Has anyone done this? would like to get this done asap)

Thanks in advance for all the useful knowledge/Tips!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the Forester purchase. PBP... Pacifica Blue Pearl, one of my favorite Forester colors! :cool:

6. get a remote lock/unlock for it. ( Has anyone done this? would like to get this done asap)
A keyless entry was standard on the '03. :confused:

As to the P0442, take a look at this thread: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/p0442-error-code-solved-99766/#post1084095 :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keyless entry was standard? hmm interesting. I guess I need to figure out how to program a remote without, having another one programmed already.

And Thanks, for the link to the p0442 code!

The Blue was not my first choice. but the car was only 5200$ so I couldn't pass it up.

Ironically the blue matches my motorcycle!

·
Administrator
36,550 Posts

·
Administrator
36,550 Posts
Keep in mind the critical timing belt + "all" associated parts maintenance is due at 105K mile or 105 months. The Subaru engine is interference fit, so a failed timing belt could be a VERY costly engine repair! :icon_eek:

You can view your Subaru recommended maintenance schedule here on cars101.com. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've purchased remotes! just stock ones nothing fancy.

Now for the P0442 code, I will try the gas cap first. and see what happens.

I'll ask you this; There is a good bit of wind noise while driving. I think it is because of the mirrors on the car creating a not so aerodynamic wind tunnel of sorts. But maybe I'm wrong anyone know what it is or how to fix it?

and thanks ninja!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here it is with the old wheels, luckily the place I got it from, had a parts turbo model, and just changed them for me no extra charge!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts