Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester manual
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, the name's Matt. Long story short, I'm from Long Island, NY and I'm looking to get a Forester within the next few months as my 7th car. The list goes like this...

1st: '89 Camry Wagon (hand me down/sold)
2nd: '98 Volvo S70 (Bought off family/sold)
3rd: '91 Toyota Celica, green (my original love/rallyx car/blew the motor/junked)
4th: '91 Toyota Celica, red (raced, car didn't agree with me/sold)
5th: '90 Volvo 240 (bought super cheap/sold "as is" not running)
6th: '93 Honda Accord coupe (bought off father/blew 2 motors/junked)

And for the record, I loved them all and took great care but just didn't have the best of luck with some. BUT NOW! I'm actually looking to get something a bit newer, more reliable and practical. Something that will take me longboarding, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking... You get the idea. I just keep coming back to the Forester.

And I was about to post a pic of my red celica when I last raced it in CT but, that will have to wait till I hit 12 posts.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Welcome. I hope you find #7 in no time. Post a pic. when you pick one up.

·
Registered
2000 Forester manual
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My green Celica with my friend's S13 and GC8

My red Celica at my last race in CT.

I might have pics of the other cars too, but these are my favorite ones that I raced.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
... I'm looking to get a Forester within the next few months as my 7th car. The list goes like this....
Go for it! My 7th was a Forester

'65 Merc. Comet bought in '77
'80 Chevette
'87 Mazda 626
'90 Toyota 4x4 Truck (before they had a model name)
'97 BMW 318i
'03 Acura CL
'10 Forester

·
Registered
2000 Forester manual
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's been a couple months short of a year... AND I FINALLY BOUGHT A SILVER 2000 FORESTER!!!

I would have had it sooner but I decided to take care of some debt first and while doing that one of my jobs got slow for a while so saving for the car wasn't easy. Then after about 2 months of searching, phone calls, some traveling, etc. my girlfriend actually found this one and emailed it to me saying "Not sure about this one, but figured I'd sent it anyway." Just so happens to be EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Here's a pic from the listing. I'd post more pics but since I've had the car for a couple days I've been taking apart the interior, literally, and cleaning the heck out of it. Once it's back together and cleaned up I'll be taking her out for a debut photo shoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts