Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been lurking on this amazing site for a couple of months now and I have to admit, it rocks. I'm looking for an 04 Forester XT mt up here and it is hard as h*ll to find a good one. You can find the newer ones 07-10 but not the older ones 04-06. I might even come to the U.S. to pick one up. Any insight would help greatly.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search! I spent what seemed like forever looking for an '04 XT, but finally settled for an '07 FSXT. I like the '07, but I really like the earlier '04 styling. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
343 Posts
Welcom from Ottawa!
Went to the US 3 times to get 3 Foresters! Now is a good time with the dollar close to partiy... look in the Canadian section of the forum lots of info on importing.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome lewis, hope we can help you out.

As Subieoutlaw suggests, if you add a more regional location to your profile you may find somebody make a recommendation on where and what you might find. What are you looking to spend, and how far are you willing to travel?

Definately with our strong dollar as fujisan suggests, now might be the time to start searching in the US. Just make sure you have all the paperwork ready for importing. Recently one of our new members had to leave his new purchase stateside for a couple of weeks until he got all the paperwork in order. He's now very happy to have it home.:new_multi:

Good Luck with the search and keep us posted.

·
Registered
99 RS
111 Posts
Welcome from Edmonton.

Make sure you do your due diligence/homework and get your paperwork in order before you purchase a US vehicle.

I didn't have my ducks all in a row (thought I did) when I went to buy an FXT (private sale) and bring it across and it was a major pain in the neck.
But now I got it all figured out.

Good luck finding a nice clean 04/05 Foz.

I did see a 2004 FXT MT at a dealership here in Edmonton.
They have it advertised for 16k and it has about 160,000 kms on the clock.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,081 Posts
Welcome!

cars101 is a site run by a Subaru dealer in Washington state. It's a great place for research into things like maintenance schedules, options, programming of keyless entry systems, and the like, but beyond that it has a section specifically aimed at importing into Canada. Good, detailed information from somebody who has been well involved in the process, not simply instructions on how to buy from them and import to nearby BC! That would be kind of a long way away.

Check it out. And good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
95 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa

Good Luck !
Let us know where you are from.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I bought mine it was at the same exchange as it is today... and I remember that summer where the Canadian Dollar was worth more than the American Dollar.

So technically you've already seen the day :huh:
HE HAS A TIME MACHINE! get him!

So youre saying a 5$ (USA) magazine no longer gosts 7,000$ canadian? =P good for yous guys.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
When I bought mine it was at the same exchange as it is today... and I remember that summer where the Canadian Dollar was worth more than the American Dollar.

So technically you've already seen the day :huh:
Lets hope it lasts longer than last time:woohoo:. Maybe Subaru of Canada will lower their prices to reflect our strong currency:shrug:.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, Thanks Guys/Gals for the warm welcome. I'm located in Mississauga, Ontario. It is about one hour from Toronto. You folks gave me a lot to ponder about cross border shopping. Today I saw an 05 Forester Xt parked and I told my Wife, I was going over to check it out. She advised me that the owner would think I was scoping it out( to steal it). I closed my car door back quickly, Ha. It looked good, but I imagine it lowered with about three hundred horses under the hood. Help, Doctors' I think I have a sickness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts