Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FX Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change my stock grille to the Subaru mesh grille. Of course I had to take the Dremel to it first! I need to spray the horn and hood latch with some flat black so they are not so visible. I will do that when my fog lights get here, they are on the way now. So whatcha think?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
31 Posts
I like it!
if you put a badge on it, get the JDM "F" badge so it ressembles the JDM SF5 grille...
Exactly what I was thinking.

I've been searching around for that badge and can't find it. I've been on japanparts maybe I am just searching the wrong model year or something.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know where I can pick up a Mesh or Carbon fiber grill without an emblem on it for a 2007? Besides japanparts or australia haha.

·
Registered
2010 FX Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Homemade? Huh? It looks like you bought the sport mesh grille and just took the emblem off. What was the Dremel for, to cut the plastic piece in the middle that's behind the emblem?
That's exactly what I did. I stated that in the original post and added the pictures to show the changes I made to the grille before I put it on.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I personally prefer the "no emblem" look. I just think it makes for cleaner\smoother lines. I have always pulled the emblems off of everything, I did the same thing with my STI (it came with emblems all over it). I do, however, like that Japanese Forester emblem. I have never seen one of those. I might have to look into that.

·
Registered
2010 FX Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know where I can pick up a Mesh or Carbon fiber grill without an emblem on it for a 2007? Besides japanparts or australia haha.
https://www.chaplinssubarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=1192

I ordered my grille from here. It is a direct factory replacement, and comes with instructions. All you have to do is unscrew the emblem and cut out the center support piece. Follow up with some fine sanding(depending on how particular you are) and there you go.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts