Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

It's taken a while, but I finally got it - A Crystal Gray 2006 Forester XT Sportshift. They hold their value pretty well here in SA, and availability is pretty scarce, so finding one within my budget was tough. The previous owner did not look after it as well as could be, but with some TLC it's back in good nick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oz.

Your SA XT's are in a little bit different spec from our Oz spec - no xenon lights with washers and no tinted windows but the rest looks the same. Does it have the audio controls on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission.

Sweet silver bullet! :smile:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum from Oz.

Your SA XT's are in a little bit different spec from our Oz spec - no xenon lights with washers and no tinted windows but the rest looks the same. Does it have the audio controls on the steering wheel?
Not too sure about the Xenons, but the headlights do seem whiter and brighter than most. The reason for no washers is because the previous owner was involved in a bumper bashing, and he replaced and replaced it with the wrong bumper cover. Yes, it has audio controls on the steering wheel. Leather seats were only standard the Premium model, which came with a sunroof as well, so I'm guessing that these were retrofitted.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Not too sure about the Xenons, but the headlights do seem whiter and brighter than most. The reason for no washers is because the previous owner was involved in a bumper bashing, and he replaced and replaced it with the wrong bumper cover. Yes, it has audio controls on the steering wheel. Leather seats were only standard the Premium model, which came with a sunroof as well, so I'm guessing that these were retrofitted.
Well all of that does sound like the Australian specs. I notice it even has the winglet on the driver's side wiper. You can tell if thelow beam lights are xenons by the way they get brighter over the few seconds after being turned on and if you look closely at the area around the base of the bulbs they are quite different to the standard lights They're self levelling too. I wonder where the water is spraying if there is no outlet through the bumper. It happens whenever you use the windscreen washers when the lights are on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts