Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the forum the last week asking questions about purchasing a 2014 Forester 2.0XT Premium. 3 hours ago I picked one up, so I'm now an official Subaru owner.

First impressions, I love the room inside and the big windows. I drove 50 miles on it and was impressed with the 2.0 turbo and the CVT transmission. Very smooth fast acceleration, without breaks for shift points. I love it! Can't wait until engine gets broke in so I can really open it up.

I also enjoyed the overall solid quality feel for the ride. As good or better than the Mercedes Benz GLK, which I have driven a couple of times as rentals cars.

A concern I had was the sound system and no SiriusXM. But I was pleased with the quality of the sound from the system. Also it streams SiriusXM with excellent sound quality from my Bluetooth android phone. Plus with the Bluetooth streaming of SXM, I'm saving money on a subscriptions.

Side story. On the way home after leaving dealership, driving south of the 405, a lady making an unsafe lane change in front of us spun out. She almost hit a couple of cars before ending up facing oncoming traffic. Everyone around me slamming on brakes or swerving to other lanes. I just managed to avoid the mayhem. A little scary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts