Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! :Banane17: Just got my first Forester bout a month ago, Silver 2.0 Turbo S AWD, 2001. Im very impressed with the drive, this is one seriously good motor! Ive had a few teething troubles but its a high miler (157,000) so youd expect it to have a few niggles. On the whole you wouldnt believe its 9 years old unreal! Al
:woohoo: Just fitted a subaru towbar gonna plug the electrics in tomorrow mornin.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulation on the new Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host, but you can attach pictures now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys glad to b here!
I'll post some pics asap
Wots the weather like in Oregon mate?!
Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im gonna give the beast a clean tomoz (its been 2 wks, which is good for me :biggrin: wanna see my trooper she is dirty!) and post some pics. Its totally stock except for the towbar I fitted, so its prob not gonna raise any eyebrows atmo. Had some issues with the towball not bein high enuff so I got a new towball with a higher stem and a spacer to get it a bit further away from my bumpber. The electrics r all hooked up but im gonna have to put a new socket on as the old one is a bit rusty inside. It was a second hand genuine subaru towbar, shotted and resprayed. It bolted to the chassis real nice and theres a plug under the liner in the boot that it hooks into, just needed to wire the other end to the socket and bobs ur uncle!

Wow thats cold wer u r Bobby!!
An I thought it was gettin chilly ere man...
youre talkin faranheight right?

Bet Tallahassee is a bit warmer eh Patrick!

Wots it like livin at Niagra Duderotomy?
Must be some amazin views right?
Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently we are having our version of winter today. Right now (approx 9:30am on a Saturday morning) in Tallahassee it is 47 degrees and raining.
its about the same ere mate, expected it to be a bit warmer where u r tho...
will it get a lot colder?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
658 Posts
A welcome from northern Canada, to a Fozzy Scouser!

It's minus 31*C this morning, a bit on the chilly side!

Spent twenty plus years over the river in Brokenhead, (does that still qualify me as Scouse?)

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
its about the same ere mate, expected it to be a bit warmer where u r tho...
will it get a lot colder?
You are thinking of the South Florida (Miami) area. I live in the other Florida, often referred to as "occupied South Georgia". I'm located in the Big Bend region in the north part of the state.

This time of year we have interesting weather. It can be wet with temps in the low 70s day/mid 40s night one week, then the next week it will be bone dry with temps in the lower 50s day/upper 20s night. The following week it goes back to the wet 70/40 split. This year there is an El Nino in the Pacific Ocean, so we will be cooler and wetter than usual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A welcome from northern Canada, to a Fozzy Scouser!

It's minus 31*C this morning, a bit on the chilly side!

Spent twenty plus years over the river in Brokenhead, (does that still qualify me as Scouse?)
Bit chillier than birkenhead atmo man! its down to 3*C in lpool now.
wer u born ere mate or just visitin? wots life in Canada like mate?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome ald

All the brits can be found in the europe section, head over there and say hello.

If you fancy a run out tomorrow there's a bunch of us going here
Nice one! Will do Guiness. Cheers for the invite sounds good ive gotta work tomorrow unfortunately :icon_frown: lol xmas is on the way gotta put the hrs in atmo. How often do yas get out for a run like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts