Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Don't have my car yet, but I walked into a Subaru dealership looking at the Outback but left leaning toward the Forester Limited X. New wife won't go for the Turbo.. Anyways, I guess I should post my question in the Shopping forum.. Hope to make my decision sooon and contribute to this forum..

side question, has anyone chromed the factory alloys? I know people hate chrome but I think on a sprak silver they would look great....

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the new Fozzy when you pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
I don't know of anybody that has chromed the factory wheels as of yet, and I'm not even sure how much that would cost.
I think it might be better to get a different set of wheels in a chrome or "Hyper" finish instead of chrome plating the OEMs.

Best of luck in your shopping, hope to see you posting up pictures of your new ride soon!

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
welcome from the other side of Illinois!
Your wife wont let you get the turbo? Why? My wife couldn't understand why I test drove the X after driving the XT. She kept saying "you know you want the turbo, so just get it". I'm sooooo glad I did. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't get the turbo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome from the other side of Illinois!
Your wife wont let you get the turbo? Why? My wife couldn't understand why I test drove the X after driving the XT. She kept saying "you know you want the turbo, so just get it". I'm sooooo glad I did. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't get the turbo.
Probably because my current car takes premium fuel and I get tired of paying 350 a gallon... I think I might just get the turbo.. She really wouldn't mind. I'm running to the local dealer to test drive the xt..

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm planning on buying this weekend.. I'm still thinking of waiting on the 11's. I just wish I knew if any new features will be in the 11's. I'm getting 3K off msrp on either the x or xt..

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission.

Happy shopping. Insist on turbo!!

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
Probably because my current car takes premium fuel and I get tired of paying 350 a gallon...
At least your used to it! One of the only positive things about living on the Mississippi River side of Illinois is I can just cross the bridge into Iowa and instantly save $.20 to $.30 per gallon. Oh, and then there's the corn and pigs.

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
hello from indiana, get the turbo. it's only like $5 a tank more and it's worth so much more than that. i'll be up in chicago soon. have to get a protune from AMS next month

1 - 12 of 12 Posts