1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2005 fozzy sti last weekend

Has a few issues but nothing serious
Drivers window motor has gears stripped inside due to corrosion, knocking back shocker and head lights needing a polish apart from that it's clean

Does have a defi boost gauge and controller fitted as well

More documentation than I can shake a stick at from daybit in came into this country via torque gt

Some pics
IMG_20210613_192500.jpg IMG_20210613_192415.jpg

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,942 Posts
@Neil Brown welcome to the forum from Oregon!

You can ask your technical questions here:
You might be interested in starting one of these:
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
587 Posts
Did you buy this for a Scottish bloke who bought it 6 months ago?

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
587 Posts
Also excuse my manners. Welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that car. My mate was the north East dude. :cool:
Found his email address from the opie oil receipts and emailed him this morning asking all about the car was on a private plate s8rru as well

Have already fixed the window motor as teeth on spindle inside motor was worn beyond repair, so took a chance and used mig welder to weld drive to plate and worked a treat now, fully greased up and now smooth

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just replaced both rear shockers as passenger side had more grease on the outside than inside of it

Used new bump stop kit and new top mounts and a set of tein enduro plus shocks sourced by torque gt which are fully adjustable as well

Only wee jobs left are

Get the rear tubs undersealed again and small bits underneath and see if the headlights polish up but first owner said he has done them twice and plastic as micro fractures 😢 if not possible bit the bullet and get a set of lights from Japan

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6
676 Posts
Nice. The Teins are good fitted them to mine while back and are doing well. You might be able to get replacement plastics for the lights I think? - there's a thread or two on here about replacing them IIRC.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
587 Posts
Some good work done. Hope you’re enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tried polishing the headlights today with 2000 grid pad and mcguires head light liquid and polishing pad

Think its came it out Ok
IMG_20210708_182144.jpg
IMG_20210708_183406.jpg

Also found out small knocking noise at front end

Turns out to be the front anti roll bar bushes are totally shot as can slide the anti roll bar side to side

Will order a set of polly bushes for front and rear bars

Find it nice drive and relaxing compared to my 400 bhp impreza

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
587 Posts
I would highly recommend you put some form of ceramic sealant or wax on them to slow down the fogging. Unless you've ordered the new lenses....

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the tip
Will see what I can get

In process of either new head lights or lenses

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does any one know what sizes are the front and rear anti roll bars are on 54 plate fozzy sti

And is it worth the whiteine drop links for rear anti roll bar kcl32 I think

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
587 Posts
Does any one know what sizes are the front and rear anti roll bars are on 54 plate fozzy sti

And is it worth the whiteine drop links for rear anti roll bar kcl32 I think
I think the OEM rear arb is 17mm diameter and the front is 20mm.

I've bought OEM drop links from ICP as they are loads cheaper and pretty much do the same thing. But if you want whiteline stuff I would recommend you get the following at the same time....I'm currently running it on my set up all bar the whiteline arb-I've got a RB320 rear arb. All of the below is a great way to take the handling to the next level for relative low outlay.

·
Registered
2005 fozzy sti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers as my front anti roll bar bushes are shot, as going to polly Bush them just like my impreza as was unsure of size

1 - 19 of 19 Posts