Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Forester X Premium in SoCal soon

Purchasing a new 2010 Forester X Premium in manual in the next couple of weeks.

Narrowing it down to this car has been a loong process, but I'm excited!

Aside from daily driving, this will be my SCUBA gear carrier as well. Any other divers who can relate their experience with this car?

Happy to join the community.

Russell

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,956 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your pending Forester purchase. Post up a picture when you get it so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Order is in!

:woohoo: I pick up the car on Sunday (1.24/10). Blue Premium X with several options. Considering adding leather seats, but read here that the material of the seats cleans easily. Can anyone confirm? I've got 2.5 year old twins...know how messy that can be?

Excited!! :Banane08::Banane14::Banane35:

Russell

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brought the Foz home tonight. Much better looking than I imagined. Nice handling, and pretty zippy for the non-turbo.

Question: the interior finish in some parts just seems a bit tacky. The roof recoil for the middle rear seatbelt wiggles and jiggles when recoiling the seatbelt. Is this typical?

Also: when pressing the buttons to change the clock, it moves around a bunch. Not if I leave it alone...but it feels really cheap!

Otherwise I'm really happy with it. Realized how nice the cold weather package is going to be. Heated seat on those achy, not feel good days is going to be a godsend!

Yay! :bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls.
My rear seatbelt doesn't wiggle around when it's tucked up in the ceiling... it's actually wedged in there quite nicely.
I'm talking about the material around it, actually. The belt itself is as you say, quite snug.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic!

Now I can add links and pics and stuff...

I've ordered blinglights foglights for it, as well as a tweeter kit. I've got a powered sub somewhere around that I'll need to make a box for.

Looking at the swaybar options, as well as modded intake.

Dive gear (2 tanks, drysuit, box with backplate/wing, regs, fins, weights, mask, and can light bag all fit nicely and hidden by the cargo cover as well!

I'm enjoying the car more and more as I drive it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts