Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody
I have Forester 2.0XT AT 2003 SG5 Black. I'm from Almaty city, Kazakhstan.
I've been reading a lot of performance advices from different forums. I used to own Outback and then Toyota Camry Gen2 and finally got XT.
It's really difficult to find info about 2.0XT's. So if you somebody could help me out it will be much appreciated. I know that my engine is similar to one used in Impreza 01-02 (bug eye) EJ205. I've already bought but not yet installed:

Samco turbo hose and radiator hoses
lightweight cdfracing crank pulley
front strut brace (Kakumei)
double din pod housing
K&N air filter (installed)
radiator shroud (DIY)
STI hood scoop
HID kit (headlights and fog lights)
Gauges
Exhaust heat wrap
Full lip kit
Deizin Voltage Stabiliser (installed)
Magnetic draing plug (engine oil)
STI oil cap
Uprated radiator cap 1.3bar

I'm also planning to port and polish intake manifold. Won't make it too long, here are some of my questions:
1. How do I find out whether my XT is EDM, JDM or other type? Is possible to find out via vin code because I'm not sure which type are sold here but they are LHD. I've been racing with RHD 2.0XT JDM AT and won the race easily....might seem strange

2. What Impreza year parts are interchangeable? Most people refer to GD models, especially, bug eye 01-02.But they talked about 2.5XTs USDM. Anything about 2.0XTs

3. I want to purchase Goodbridge SS brake lines, but they don't have for XT, but have in stock GD impreza ones. Will they be direct fit(Impreza GD)?

4. What bhp gains can i make on stock turbo? I believe most people say it is TF035 Mitsubishi turbo that is set to 0.55bars on stock(If my XT is EDM). Fuel cut out is set at 0.8bar. If I set at 0.7-0.75bar using MBS or EBC how many hp I will gain?

Some Qs might have been covered, but as I see they were covered regarding the 2.5XT models. Any help will be much appreciated.

Here are fotos of the engine bay, which is really dirty.I will clean the engine as soon as whether gets better. Exterior photos will be soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
264 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey! Do you live near Chu Valley - Kaz? i was there in 2006 - harvest season. People there are awesome!

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys
Do you think if I install these parts, I'd be good to go for stage 1 remap? What would be power gains?

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from New Jersey! Do you live near Chu Valley - Kaz? i was there in 2006 - harvest season. People there are awesome!
Not really near, its 500-600 km away from my city. Takes around 6-7 hours of driving. What did you harvest there? :icon_question: It's famous place for several reasons, but one is most distinguished :biggrin: You should perhaps know what I'm referring to. :bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sounds like you're into MODding, so you'll want to start your own Member Journal. :wink:

Bobby...

I started modofying when I bought Toyota Camry but it was limited to cosmetic stuff but added some engine mods as well. Camry's engine is not the best for performance.

Yeah, I will sure start my journal as soon as I get back to Kaz. I'm currently in the UK. I bought most of parts in the UK, as I'm a student in one of the UK uni's, graduated barchelor and currently doing MSc Investment Analysis.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
264 Posts
Not really near, its 500-600 km away from my city. Takes around 6-7 hours of driving. What did you harvest there? :icon_question: It's famous place for several reasons, but one is most distinguished :biggrin: You should perhaps know what I'm referring to. :bananapartyhat:
Yes i know what you are reefer-ing to.:biggrin: i was there for 3 weeks in may-june. Did some hiking in Shan. Didnt see any Subies there, but then i didnt see many cars outside of Astana.
---
Get a bigger TMIC - i have a turboxs

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes i know what you are reefer-ing to.:biggrin: i was there for 3 weeks in may-june. Did some hiking in Shan. Didnt see any Subies there, but then i didnt see many cars outside of Astana.
---
Get a bigger TMIC - i have a turboxs
I see, you've been to Astana. Well, wrong place to see any custom tuned cars and yeah it is true that not many cars outside large cities, as Kaz is very huge country with population of only 16million. See these videos, and you will know where to go and see nice cars in Kaz.

Go to youtube and capy/paster into search box "субарики алматы" and "Almaty cars FAST Version 0 4 ".

I can't upload video here, admin does not allow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts