Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Forester Suspension Interchangeability?

Has anybody confirmed any sort of interchangeability between the new '19 Forester's spring/struts and any of the other platforms like the '19 WRX or STi? I think I've read somewhere that the bolt pattern has changed to 5x114.3 (Finally), so perhaps there may be some hope for a direct swap? I'm guessing the rear sway bar would likely work, as there lot's of multi use for that bar between the Forester, WRX, STi, and Outback. Anybody do this swap yet or have access to take some measurements for a side by side comparison? I'd love to hear about any other sort of comparison with the factory catback exhaust as in the previous SJ models as well.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
22 Posts
I've wondering the same thing - I'd like to upgrade the rear sway bar on my '19 forester but haven't heard anyone talking about the size/compatibility. Please post back if you find anything. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too had thought about how that might factor in. While I know that the whole global platform thing is not a "gimmick" persay, I wonder how many actual suspension components are really changed if at all? From what I've read, it sounds like the global platform is marketed towards safety and the ability to adapt other platforms to a single "structure or core". Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but I'm just curious if any of the actual components that bolt up to this global platform are truly different. I can't imagine they would completely redesign each system, but who knows

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
203 Posts
So, I do know that the new crosstrek on the SGP the rear suspension looks similar, but there are quite a few differences. For one the sway bar is flipped around, and what I mean by that its mounted forward on the subframe instead of aft like 09-18 forester suspension.

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point. Hahaha I didn't even think about the crosstrek. I was just thinking that the rear sway bar was the same for pretty much every Impreza (WRX/STI), Forester, and Legacy since like '08 I think?

·
Registered
2019 canadian convenience
261 Posts
I,ve been trying to find out on the 5x100 / 5x114 change, and all the info i found were talking about 5x100 still. A bit dissapointed, as I had hope to put on the 18' from my Legacy when I switch over to the Foz' (late summer probably).

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
203 Posts
I,ve been trying to find out on the 5x100 / 5x114 change, and all the info i found were talking about 5x100 still. A bit dissapointed, as I had hope to put on the 18' from my Legacy when I switch over to the Foz' (late summer probably).
The new 5th gen SK forester is 5x114, all previous generations are 5x100

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
542 Posts
Anyone know if the rear anti sway bar on the '19's is the same as previous years. I have an STI 19mm bar from my '17 OB I would like to try out on our new Sport.

·
Registered
2019 forester premium auto
5 Posts
Me too, I'm trying to find a cheap effective way to lower the car some and easily return back to stock as well in threeyears.
I've wondering the same thing - I'd like to upgrade the rear sway bar on my '19 forester but haven't heard anyone talking about the size/compatibility. Please post back if you find anything. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,307 Posts
Anyone know if the rear anti sway bar on the '19's is the same as previous years. I have an STI 19mm bar from my '17 OB I would like to try out on our new Sport.
I highly doubt it as the Global platform is quite different. Over at the Crosstrek forum, someone had an STI rear sway bar from their '15 and tried to install it on their '18. What they found is the rear suspension has a completely different setup on the new Global platform.

We will probably have to wait until the WRX goes onto the Global platform in 2021 to use an STI rear sway bar on the 19+ Forester. .

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
542 Posts
I highly doubt it as the Global platform is quite different. Over at the Crosstrek forum, someone had an STI rear sway bar from their '15 and tried to install it on their '18. What they found is the rear suspension has a completely different setup on the new Global platform.

We will probably have to wait until the WRX goes onto the Global platform in 2021 to use an STI rear sway bar on the 19+ Forester. .
Makes total sense. Guess I have a sway bar for sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts