Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, was very excited to pick up my new forester limited w/media pkg saturday morning - had winter wheels put on yesterday....late last night was heading out for a drive, noticed VDC and ABS lights on, thought i accidentally pressed VDC off button, pressed it again but lights won't go out...pulled over shut off car and started again lights did not come on..thought great! But this morning on the way to work the lights came on and stayed (VDC and ABS) on for the whole 1 hour drive..i made an appt. with dealer for noon,after i started the car i tried to put it in reverse , it would not move from park and the lights were on again (vdc and abs)...called dealer who said the warning lights probably locked out the transmission shifter as a safety feature and to toe the car to dealer..which i did. Dealer is trying to diagnose problem, noticed that my tail lights (all of them were not functioning) - he believes that the taillight malfunction affected the vdc and abs warning lights and the shifter....found a blown fuse (brake lights) repalced it but fuse kept burning out...still waiting for a fix...anyone had similar experiences???

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem resolved

Hey folks, was very excited to pick up my new forester limited w/media pkg saturday morning - had winter wheels put on yesterday....late last night was heading out for a drive, noticed VDC and ABS lights on, thought i accidentally pressed VDC off button, pressed it again but lights won't go out...pulled over shut off car and started again lights did not come on..thought great! But this morning on the way to work the lights came on and stayed (VDC and ABS) on for the whole 1 hour drive..i made an appt. with dealer for noon,after i started the car i tried to put it in reverse , it would not move from park and the lights were on again (vdc and abs)...called dealer who said the warning lights probably locked out the transmission shifter as a safety feature and to toe the car to dealer..which i did. Dealer is trying to diagnose problem, noticed that my tail lights (all of them were not functioning) - he believes that the taillight malfunction affected the vdc and abs warning lights and the shifter....found a blown fuse (brake lights) repalced it but fuse kept burning out...still waiting for a fix...anyone had similar experiences???

Thanks!

All good now - i feel a lot better now that i know the cause. Apparently, when the dealer installed roof spoiler the bolt/screw partially cut into the brake light wire harness exposing it, causing it to rub against the metal of the rear hatch door , which in turn caused a short. This in turn affected the VDC/ABS sensors. Good to know it was not a manufacturer quality issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts