Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Subaru, but in the 70's I worked for a Subaru dealer.

Day 1, everything is good so far...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
276 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @ixlr8 !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can’t leave us hanging like this.

Tell us about your new Subaru.

Tell us a story or two about the early days of Subaru.

Why wait decades to buy your first Subaru? (See request 2 above)

Welcome. We need more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can’t leave us hanging like this.

Tell us about your new Subaru.

Tell us a story or two about the early days of Subaru.

Why wait decades to buy your first Subaru? (See request 2 above)

Welcome. We need more.
Good questions. That was my reaction too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the early days circa mid 70's, the ugly Subaru's were very popular. The popularity was based on the area of Colorado I lived in at the time. Those cars had the spare tire above the engine, because the flat 4 engine was, well flat. The running joke with the Subaru mechanics was that they would drop the engine out to change the oil. No it was not necessary, but they could remove an engine in like 10 minutes. The engines had special dollys to roll around on. I am not certain that the same engine always got back in the same car.
I could borrow some of the used Subaru's that were on the used car lot. One weekend I took three friends up skiing in a Subaru Station Wagon. On the way back a blizzard hit and the roads were treacherous. Ice, snow, and 60 to 80 mph crosswinds. We passed a lot of people that were blown off the road, including snow plows. When we reached the city the police stopped us and said that we had just came nearly 20 miles down a closed road. We were the only car that made it in several hours. Jeeps, Bronco's, Blazers, and all matter of other then current four wheel drives were too tall and blown of the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 2 of ownership. My wife has very thoroughly read all of the manuals. What the heck, the dealer used to say that's where you turn the a/c on, and the hood release is here...

You practically have to minored in control systems to operate all of the features effectively... :)
I will give props to our salesman that spent a great deal of time answering in detail, all of the questions that were asked of him.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester Automatic
85 Posts
Yeah I did a little light reading Friday night of my manuals, still not exactly sure how to use everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts