Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove our new top of the line Forester Limited off the dealer's lot Saturday night.

I've been researching SUVs for our retirement adventures and did a lot of research on the Forester. Some of the reviews cast a little doubt about the choice but the majority had glowing reviews.

So far the car has blown us away. Roomy, comfortable and extremely quiet interior. A pleasure to drive. The lane change alert will take some getting used to but the sensing cruise control is amazing. Can't wait to test it out on a highway trip.

We definitely made the right choice in a car although my wife is afraid to drive it because of all the echo doodads on the car. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
14 Posts
We drove our new top of the line Forester Limited off the dealer's lot Saturday night.

I've been researching SUVs for our retirement adventures and did a lot of research on the Forester. Some of the reviews cast a little doubt about the choice but the majority had glowing reviews.

So far the car has blown us away. Roomy, comfortable and extremely quiet interior. A pleasure to drive. The lane change alert will take some getting used to but the sensing cruise control is amazing. Can't wait to test it out on a highway trip.

We definitely made the right choice in a car although my wife is afraid to drive it because of all the echo doodads on the car. :laugh:
Welcome @peterkemp47

FYI.. I don't get the lane change warning if I use my turn signals :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,752 Posts
It won't warn if your turn signal signal is on at the time or was on a few seconds ago. One quick tap to get the 3-blink signal and you're good to go. That's a good thing to do anyway, and required by law in some places. Though it's not frequently enforced unless they're looking for an excuse to pull you over anyway.

The related Auto Nudge feature (or whatever its official name is) is selectable, and the car remembers your setting. It creeped me out the first time it happened, and I shut it off. It was especially troublesome due to concern for the importance of not doing anything sudden when driving in snow, and the likelihood of lines left by snowplows being confused for pavement markings. I really like Eyesight, especially with cruise control, but it's not yet ready to turn the Forester into a self-driving car. The driver is in charge; Eyesight is a friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts