Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Patrick and I just picked up a 2000 Forester L last monday. It has just inder 166k and it has outstanding service records and was very well kept.

here it is with my brothers Jeep just after we picked it up.

I purchased it in Sturgeon Bay from some elderly people who took great care of it.

they were selling it because they upgraded to an Outback H6 3.0 VDC with the McIntosh stereo.

I had to stop for the best cheese curds ever on the way home.

"off roading" on the ice of Green Bay.....

Giggity.

damn.

Right now I am obtaining components for a complete stereo upgrade. The only other mods I have planned in the nar future are a hitch for my bike rack and Silverstars in the head and fog lights.

here is the car it replaced, I will miss the Jetta. a link to a thread about it in another forum: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4715395

(pic is from camping at Road America for ALMS

2008):bananapowerslide:

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
634 Posts
Dude-
Congrats on becoming of member of this here VERY helpfull forum!!

~Cheers

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Lots of Cheeseheads joining up these last couple weeks. Welcome along to the friendliest place on the 'net!

Nice looking car. As you say, looks like the POs took good care of him.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

It is good to see alot of my fellow Wisconsinites representing here! When I first joined it seemed like everybody was from the down under.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum from KY. Love the lego man!
thanks, if you squeeze the logo on his chest, an LED in each opposable leg lights up! It was probably my favorite christmas present this year, I am such a nerd. :woohoo:

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today was a nice sunny day so I went for a drive along the bay just north of here.

The ice seemed to be super thick because it has been well below zero for a few days.

We still haven't had any snow since the day I picked it up and it is driving me nuts. They are predicting snow again this week but, I am not getting my hopes up.......

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man that takes guts :icon_eek:

Meh, being from up here I have spent my fair share of time on the ice. Almost all small lakes and rivers freeze over up here. The bay of Green Bay is usually pretty solid when you get away from the mouth of the Fox River. I grew up about an hour north of here on the western shores of Green Bay on the border of WI and MI. I remember alot of people that would travel too and from Door County (about 115 miles by car or about 20 miles as the crow flies) by snowmobile. There were many vehicles on the ice and many full size trucks and Suburbans so I wasn't nervous at all. The ice looked extremely clear in spots though. Judging by the depth of some of the cracks, the ice is about 2 feet thick. That is more than enough ice drive on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts