Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X LTD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone! You guys have a great community here.

I've been lurking through the forums for the last few weeks as I've been researching the 2010 Foresters, and I finally pulled the trigger on 6/30, (just in time to take advantage of the 2.9% financing!).

Proud new owner of a 2010 Forester 2.5X LTD in beautiful Paprika Red. I went into the dealership fully aware of the fact that there was no competition in its class at its MSRP price point when considering all the functionality..

I went in hoping I'd be able to negotiate a good deal, based on the fact I researched the heck out of the vehicle, it's the middle summer, end of the month, and dealers are trying to clear inventory to make way for the new model year autos...

I left the dealership completely shell shocked, as I somehow managed to get the vehicle I was looking for for much less than I ever thought possible.. Not only did I get it for significantly less than MSRP- which I expected- but I was given a price on the Forester of about $200 *less* than (Dealer Invoice *minus* hold back).. How that's possible, I don't know, but I'm not complaining.

In the end, I've got the exact vehicle I wanted at a price I never dreamed of. It's been four days and I've managed to put on about 400 miles, lovin' my new Subie! I can honestly say, as a life-long Wisconsinite, I never before have uttered this phrase: " I can't wait for winter and the first big ice/snow storm!".

Should any other WI users out there know of any decent starter-level trails in the SE/Central WI area for a newbie to cut his subie-teeth on, I'd love to hear from you.

Great to be a part of the family!

-Oppy

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum...

joe r

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome glad you like the place, amazing what a coat of paint will hide :shake:

Even though you are considering some beginner trails for off-roading, please invest some time reading this thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f98/thank-you-skid-plate-73041/. It's very easy to hit something even at slow speeds and render your Forester unable to make it any further.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Forester year round, but winter especially is a great time to own a Subaru.

Make sure you put away some funds for some dedicated snow tires and wheels. The stock offerings can only be described as s***ing big-time in wintery conditions. I know some will say they are fine all-season long, but until you drive on dedicated snows in the winter with ice and snow, you'll never understand why people go without them. They make the Forester seem unstoppable, but you really can stop better :N_poke:if you know what I'm saying.

You can also add some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it will show up every time you post, making model specific responses easier for all. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

Make sure you browse through all the forums as there is a lot of great information provided from a truly great international membership.:icon_biggrin:

Cheers

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
I totally agree with what good dog said. Buy yourself some winter tires and you can go anywhere in the snow that you want.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
+1 on skidplate,mines saved me a few times.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts