Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. As per title I have recently got myself a fozzy. 54 plate 2.5xt with pop upgrade. Needs a few bits doing but for the price it has left room for "improvements". I've previously had a wrx 2.0 blob wagon which was great. Been looking for a fozzy for a while as something different.
I'm not disappointed ha ha. The mods list is growing but essentially I want it fairly subtle. The plan at present:
1. Suspension - Spring coil custom drop springs (rear shocks previously replaced with non sls items). Thicker adjustable arbs, rear first.
2. Brakes - I'd like the 4 pot wrx calipers on the front, possible 2 pots and vented rear discs, braided lines and decent pads. I'd love the godspeed fr9nt big brake kit but it's £££s..
3. Bugeye sti 17 5x100 wheels and decent tyres
4. Sports cat down pipe, new lambda sensor, decat up pipe, high flow fuel pump, green cotton or similar panel filter and remap. Not after silly numbers but more torque and possible recalibrate the dbw throttle maps to make it a bit more linear.
5. Service and tidy up and enjoy it some more!

On the brake side I can't find anything regarding master cylinder size and the 4 pot wrx brakes. Does it need swapping out at the same time to avoid extra pedal travel or not necessary? I had this problem previously with a civic eg when changing from standard fronts to itr ones. Bigger pistons meant more pedal travel so had to change the master cylinder....

Essay over lol. Pics uploaded soon!

·
Administrator
15,136 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard @Fozzy79

Your technical questions are best asked here: https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/

Also:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
396 Posts
HI!

I miss my older Forester's and am really wishing I would have went with my original plan to find a 2nd or 3rd gen XT to do a complete STI swap in.
A little bit bigger turbo and your at 300whp!!! Just saying! Lol

Number 1 Forester suspension upgrade is the rear swaybar! I believe you can use the one off of the WRX/STI sedan (only) of the same generation.
We might have the info here where the link above was referenced. It's easy, a direct no brainer swap, and an immediate noticeable effect. Especially when your on a clover leaf FWY onramp!

How many miles? Does it have/did it have any previous mods done to it?
Regarding the brakes the front's I believe are bolt ons while the rears require a kit. You purchase the dual drilled DBA rotors for the fronts.
Get with Ken the owner of KNS Brakes (knsbrakes.com) he has the kits and is happy to help.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,669 Posts
Welcome

You'll need to search the Euro forum (Where you originally posted) to see how remaps work with the PPP pack as that included a piggyback system already from memory.

Be careful with Godspeed brake discs - I haven't tried their other stuff but their discs fell short of my expectations - I'm not the only one if you check out the euro section :)

I can't remember if you need the Impreza Widetrack rear bar or not - I did mine years back now

I have 4 pots on the fronts with no change in master cylinder with no issues.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@TMX Thanks for the tips. I will certainly have a scan ref the ppp stuff. I was under the impression it was ecutek licence and an ecu flash rather than piggy back. I may be wrong though!

Thanks for the tip on the brakes. I'd read about issues with the godspeed discs. I had their standard front discs on my impreza and once bedded in they were great. I'll bear the advice in mind though!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Freakshow999 Thanks! Its on 111400 ish miles now. It has dealer fitted prodrive performance pack which on this I believe is ecu remap, 2nd cat delete and rear prodrive exhaust. Original spec was 255bhp. It certainly goes well enough. It's hilarious round corners though. Understeers but will transition with a lift of the right foot 😉 Bigger rear arb is definitely on the list!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts