Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, bloody hell! Serious amounts of top info guys, cheers!

I was looking at td04 turbo upgrade, i'm a bit of an Ebay nut and i've seen some good deals on Td04's......

Now here's a cracking question, will the Td04 go straight in without too many mods? (until the wedding's done and dusted in November i'm gonna have to keep the mods on a "reasonably" tight budget - reasonably in the eyes of my accountant/future wife like.........)
Also will putting a TD04 in mean i need to put a larger/ modified intercooler aswell as an ECU re-map and also, whilst my brains still sparking ...the 440 injectors?

I think in the thread you've pretty told me everything i wanted to know, even the stuff i wanted to know but did ask on the intro!!! Ok, who's the mindreader (or whose been sleeping with the missus to get info?!?!)

I like the look of the dealer option Spoiler and i was curious if i could fit the 19" Oz superleggras on the standard suspension that danny's got, they look awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Welcome fella .. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And some pics!

Cheers for the Photobucket advice, got it sorted!

·
Registered
285 Posts
bubble18-30 said:
Wow, bloody hell! Serious amounts of top info guys, cheers!

I was looking at td04 turbo upgrade, i'm a bit of an Ebay nut and i've seen some good deals on Td04's......

Now here's a cracking question, will the Td04 go straight in without too many mods? (until the wedding's done and dusted in November i'm gonna have to keep the mods on a "reasonably" tight budget - reasonably in the eyes of my accountant/future wife like.........)
Also will putting a TD04 in mean i need to put a larger/ modified intercooler aswell as an ECU re-map and also, whilst my brains still sparking ...the 440 injectors?

I think in the thread you've pretty told me everything i wanted to know, even the stuff i wanted to know but did ask on the intro!!! Ok, who's the mindreader (or whose been sleeping with the missus to get info?!?!)

I like the look of the dealer option Spoiler and i was curious if i could fit the 19" Oz superleggras on the standard suspension that danny's got, they look awesome!
Try www.gtrydaz.com for more info on TD04 installs.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Welcome bubble,

If you want to see what others have done with there cars get along to one of the local clubs, members days.

If your in 'Yorkshire lad' then check out the posts on Scoobynet under WYIOC, theres a meeting tommorow evening if your interested.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=366

Failing that checkout the South Manchester and Cheshire Subaru - http://www.scoobysmacs.co.uk as they hold meeting in the Macclesfield area and they have a few members with Foresters. I'm one!

Bear in mind that most of the Subaru clubs are mainly filled with Impreza Owners but very few look down on other models of Scoobies.

mike

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys, I've had a look at GTRydaz.com, come good info (Albiet there's an Aussie on there who states that the max power out of a TD04 is about 160kw (220ish BHP.....) not too sure on that one.:?

On the back of my car i've got a Prodrive Sticker fitted, professional job, not just a £2.00 sticker off a chinese company off Ebay! I'm now trying to find out of it's got all the Prodrive goodies before i ring Prodrive and ask them for a copy certificate! It looks like i've got a prodrive silencer, 17" wheel upgrade that prodrive request and now i'm trying to find the ECU to check if it's a prodrive item.....

Where can i find the ECU on a Forester please?:redface:
(I thought about putting this Question on a seperate thread but there can only be one answer!)

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
There's no such thing as an official prodrive sticker ;) They don't believe in such things so that's why you see so many copy ones..
TD04 is good for 280'ish bhp - might be being confused as the US and OZ I think go by power at the wheels rather than at the crank as we measure it.
Not sure about the ECU tho ! Is it in the passenger footwell beneath the carpet like in the Impreza ?
Do you get a blue IC hose as well on the Forester PPP ?
Cheers
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Ecu is in the passenger footwell - may have a sticker on it if it is PPP'd .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts