Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester xt/autovf39
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about going to a local muffler shop and getting a 3" cat back exhaust? With a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler? I have a invidia catted downpipe and the stock cat-back on. I was going to go with a wrx one the stealth 2 black megan one but I don't like how the wrx one's are to short. The one's that are for the forester are just to much money. I wonder how it would sound.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Milwaukee-
I'd say go for it. I've been kicking it around as well. In your metro area, there would be ample places to go and ask around. There are lots of sound videos on youtube you should check out.
I found a good shop in the Minneapolis area that I am thinking of having do mine in the same fashion.

Also, to consider, if you shop for a used WRX fitment that you like and can afford, a decent exhaust shop will be able to modify the hangers and add pipe in to make it fit EXACTLY the way you'd like. Do some shopping, spend a Saturday hitting all the exhaust shops. Go with your gut feeling. In my opinion I think the Magnaflows sound fine, unless you're a purist JDM guy.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
it would prolly sound like any other exhaust. pipe is pipe, if you wanna save a few extra bucks, i say do it. forester specifics are expensive, but they fit perfect... its a compromise like anything else!

·
Registered
4/07 wrx wagon/fozzy xt manual/auto
308 Posts
anyone in your area have a mandrel bender or is it crimp bent?

crimp bends are virtually worthless

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
One guy in the twin cities does mandrel bend. He's who I'm looking at using. Tim's Custom Exhaust in Coon Rapids, MN to anyone who is interested.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt/autovf39
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts