Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals trying to dig into the deep knowledge base once again... I just installed a new aftermarket deck in my 2002 Forester. It works great but has almost no radio reception. I've looked on the site for info and am getting links to factory signal boosters and scooby mods. One thread spoke of a splice with a power wire and the antennae booster. I've looked for such a wire but could not find none. Does anyone have some sort of remedy for this... the radio install is complete and works great as said but hardly any radio signal, I've checked the antennae hook up and it was fine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Hi guys and gals trying to dig into the deep knowledge base once again... I just installed a new aftermarket deck in my 2002 Forester. It works great but has almost no radio reception. I've looked on the site for info and am getting links to factory signal boosters and scooby mods. One thread spoke of a splice with a power wire and the antennae booster. I've looked for such a wire but could not find none. Does anyone have some sort of remedy for this... the radio install is complete and works great as said but hardly any radio signal, I've checked the antennae hook up and it was fine. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the same problem on my 2005 X. As long as you have the window antenna, the advice at this thread and links therein should solve the problem. Your aftermarket HU "power antenna" lead should be spliced to the blue wire on your factory harness to send power to the antenna. A poor ground could also cause bad reception. Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once again this sites owner knowledge base and guide referance points make it the best Subaru site for any do-it-yourselfer... Thanks guys it worked like a charm!!

·
Registered
1996 SVX
473 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts