Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

thought I'd post a few pics of the custom grille that I just finished for my SF5 Forester GT.

I basically cut out the middle section of the grille, sanded, bogged and prepped the grille, painted, and affixed the mesh along with a Japanese-spec 'f' badge.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Fecking awesome!

The oem grille was sweet, this one is even cooler

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind comments guys! I'm really happy with the results!

sirwilliam said:
Looks awesome! Good job. BTW, what wheels are those...can't tell from the pics.
The rims are AU-Racing rims, part no. AU-229. Not sure if they are available outside of Australia under this brand. They are basically a Volk TE37 copy, but with a polished metal lip:

cheers
Pete

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
very nice. all of u in Australia have sweet foresters!

·
Registered
2015 Forester auto
97 Posts
Where did you get your hands on the F badge?? I've been wanting to do the same thing.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
The only Ornament F Mark kastlekorner has is the JDM Pink F badge

·
Registered
1997 forester manual
5 Posts
can you help me please?

Hi, Nice job on the grill mate!, I have been trying to think how to modify my grille like this for a while now, I've done it before on other cars and they look great as an added feature. The problem is I don't want to mess it up then it's to late going back after you start cutting out the middle original grille. Do you have any tips for me? or a video? or pictures? something to help me out? How did you manage to cut out the middle bit all around it? Anyway if you have the time to help me it would greatly appreciated, thanks, and again nice job!.
Cheers, Chis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts