Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Bought a new Hayter Lawnmower today. It is a beautiful thing and is British Racing Green.

I got to thinking, it would be brilliant if I got the Foz resprayed in that wicked colour.

If I do this, does anyone know, do I have to inform/ask DVLA/Insurance Company??

Cheers

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Yes Al you have to tell them of a colour change !

British racing green is the colour of the gates of Buckingham Palace .
I was thinking of a colour change myself .

However my thoughts were to getting the car "wrapped" ….. a coating/film that can be removed should you wish to go back to original colour .
Wrapping is much less costly than a total paint job . although I have heard reports of damage to existing paint after removal of the wrap..

·
Registered
195 Posts
As Lockheed said, yes, DVLA and insurance for painting...

But following on, do you have to inform the DVLA of colour change if you wrap it? It would make sense in some ways, but it's not permanent, so maybe not?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies.

I like the sound of wrapping!

Foz in fo4 service 8n the next couple of weeks at Foresters the guy that does all Ivan’s resprays/body work is in a unit a couple of doors down.

I will ask him.

Ïnsurance, do you think premiums will go up ?

ATVB

Alan

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Also curious if wrapping requires telling DVLA of colour change as it is temporary.........

Also does anyone know if you can wrap the roof bars without removing them? Mine are peeling black paint and look a bit not great

·
Registered
195 Posts
Insurance premiums increase? Pure guess would be yes, it's a mod and also maybe if it was lightly damaged in one area it may need peeling back and redoing(?) But again, pure guess!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A good wrap should last 3 years .
Yes but finding a good wrapper to do it properly is a must as there's a few 'och that'll do' cowboy wrappers out there.
For a wrap the size of the Foz and with so many intricate lines and bodywork add ons then I'm sure you will be talking the best part of 2k.
A lot of money for just 3 years. Mind you you will have a guarantee from the wrapper should you need to return for damages or imperfections.

I'm a fan of the chrome blue and of course satin black. There's 2 companies in Inverness who wrap and the results are pretty darn amazing.... But for how long is the question?

I know it's nice to know you could remove it and go back to stock but yes as you said it may damage the teaspoon of paint that the factory sparingly applies to the Foz. I know what I'd rather do and that's spent the extra 2k upwards for a decent respray.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Rules changed a little while back to mean you do need to inform DVLA of any colour change, even a wrap.
Im not being flippant but I saw a vw polo the other day and every panel was a different colour.

I suppose they say . my name is Jason Donavon and I have a multi colour dream car .
(and yes Lockheed is cultured)

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Im not being flippant but I saw a vw polo the other day and every panel was a different colour.

I suppose they say . my name is Jason Donavon and I have a multi colour dream car .
(and yes Lockheed is cultured)
I presume that was the Harlequin, which was a special edition from the factory.

DVLA has them registered as multi-colour.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
Kalukis
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing