Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car 2 wks a go. Today walked around to passenger side front door and noticed a ding right at the seem of the door. No paint removed but you could see where it looks like a door hit it. Are there any ways to remove small dings without going to a body shop and paying 5oo bucks.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
Depending on how bad it is, look in the Yellow Pages for a "Paintless Dent Removal" company. I have used them before with fantastic results. Most expensive repair I had a hundred for two baseball sided dents.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Welcome to the world of Subarus incredibly thin sheet metal.

Step 1: relax. This will happen again and again
Step 2: if you can't live with a ding then find a dent place and keep him on speed dial.

Good luck.

If it would male you feel bettter you should see the scratch II got from a tree branch while off roading. Ouch!

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
481 Posts
Is it worth getting the side molding installed then, to possibly prevent a ding or two?

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited
502 Posts
Is it worth getting the side molding installed then, to possibly prevent a ding or two?
I had the door moldings as well as the wheel arch moldings on my 09 and they worked very well. Had marks on the moldings but nothing on the body.

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
FYI a PDR place will charge any where from $40-75 a panel. Some give discounts depending on the number of panels they are doing.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Yeah if you've never had PDR done it's freaking awesome, I never knew it existed til like 2 years ago, and now that I do, as soon as I get a ding I get it PDR'd haha.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Take this for what it's worth: I have side mouldings on my 09 Legacy, and someone hit my door in a parking lot with their door. They hit the moulding, which deflected the impact into the sheet metal, so instead of one dent if the moulding wasn't there, I had three crease marks that had to get PDR'd anyway.

I just park further out in parking lots now, it's a whole extra 20 seconds to get into the store.

·
Registered
08 Audi RS4 6 speed man
156 Posts
i always park away from everyone.... but it seems like when i come out from whenever...someone has to park next to me...no matter how far away i park.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
You're not That Guy who parks diagonal across two spaces so nobody parks near him, are you? :D

Because sometimes, I like to park right close to That Guy to piss him off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts