Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody. I got an 05 suby Forester off a family member who left his dog in it too much. The dog in question(Husky) chewed the entirety of the interior. So i got the car off him for free(hurray), but im basically doing an entire rebuild of the interior.

I want to do something pretty damn nice as the scene around here is pretty big and i want to show up with a bang. I started with a headliner, trying to get it black and that was...an adventure of his owns. Fabric paints are garbage and dyes...sorta work. I tried pealing off the the old fabric and adhering a new one but i couldn't find an adhesive that really worked, or maybe its the fabric i choose. Whatever it was, i had a really hard time getting a black headliner. I succeeded eventually.

Onto the carpet. I want to go for black carpet. The old one is..entirely trashed. I have considered just buying a new one but from what i've seen online. No one really offers a complete package of OEM form shaped with black carpet. Plan B is to go to the junkyard and get a new one but Alas, OEM color is still off white.

I don't know much about forming carpet or if its hard.

So my question is. What can i do? Anyone know a place to buy OEM shape black carpet. Anyone know a really good way to form the carpet? Anyone got any good advice?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,087 Posts
@SubyBass I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from another Oregon member! :biggrin:

Your forum profile says '05, but you wrote '06 on your post? :confused:

If you want to buy new, I'd recommend contacting Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Tell her you're a forum member, as she gives forum members a discount! :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
05 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've contacted her and even she says prices for new carpet are exceedingly expensive. Firewall-backseat. There are maybe 2 Foresters and about 20 legacys of varying years. Is there a list somewhere that shows which cars share the same carpet? Many looks similar but im just not sure.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,087 Posts
Is there a list somewhere that shows which cars share the same carpet?
I'm not aware of a list.

In my opinion, the gray carpet in my '03 X, now my son's Forester looks better, comparing it with the black carpet in my '07 FSXT.

'03-'05 Forester will fit, so an exact fit. '06-'08 I'm pretty sure this will fit, but there could be some variations. :confused:

As to other non-Forester carpets. I'm going to say they won't be an exact fit.

One other place you might want to research is here: opposedforces.com It's an unofficial Subaru parts website. It's not complete, kind of difficult to navigate, but it's worth perusing. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts