Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I'm now on my third Subie, but my first Forester - a 2010 2.5X with 5MT in black. So far I love it - really impressed with the quality of the shift action. The new OB was just waaay too cushy for me. My previous Subarus were a 97 OB, an 05 OBXT, and then back to my original 97 (long story). Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining this forum and to many years in the Forester.
I ordered the M.O.A.B from Thule, plan to tint the windows, and would like to change out the standard steel wheels at some point. Out of curiosity, would 06-07 Impreza wheels fit the stock tires? They're 16x6.5 as well.
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Im sure you'll find lots of great info and opinions here. We'll expect you to offer up your opinions with the knowledge you've gained over years of Subaru ownership.

Pretty sure you'll have no problems with the wheels if you stay with the stock sized tires, they'll just be a little closer to the strut with the 55 offset compared to the stock 48. There is a great sticky in the Tire and Wheel section as to what Subaru wheel will fit.

Lot's more info now about the 09-10 models so you'll be adding to the database we hope. You can also add your vehicle info to your Signature, that way it'll show up every time you post. Just go into your User CP, Edit Signature and add info such as year/model/trans and you're good to go. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
Short and long ==> Tall and short. But we're pretty similar down under the skin, so you'll do well with your Forester.

Welcome!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,703 Posts
Yodaru, welcome over. I am a recent transfer from subaruoutback.org too(Dec.). Mine was a 2001 base model, with the dreaded headgasket leak(163,000kms). Enjoy the new Forester-as do I:banana:.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's a great car...um...err SUV. I do miss the flatter handling of my 97, but she was getting kind of unreliable for longer distances, so it was time for a new workhorse. I look forward to using this site to its fullest. Might just have to go ahead and upgrade even. I'll add pictures once I get the MOAB rack and get the windows tinted. I ordered a whole variety of decals to festoon the new ride.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Lol... all the guys from So_Org are migrating!

Have the best of both worlds... get both! :biggrin:

Welcome aboard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts