Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in the mountains of WV. Never had a Subaru before but my brother in Vermont has had many. So far so good. Replaced a 2018 AWD Equinox which was very uncomfortable. Caught crap from my wife for getting rid of her 2004 Lexus RX330. She recently said this car was almost as comfortable. Chevy dealer 1 mile away, Subaru dealer 2 1/2 hours away. Hopefully it is reliable.

Had a question on the Reverse Braking System (RAB). I kept getting a fail light and checked out the manual that said "extremely high or extremely low temperatures" can affect the sonar sensors. In my opinion we were hot but not extremely hot. Today is cooler and it seems to be working okay. Just strange.

Other issue is the MPG. I'm getting under 23 here in the mountains where my Equinox was getting almost 30. Haven't really taken it on a long trip other than to and from the dealer. Hopefully it will get better.

Have 1600 miles.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,752 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
These cars need 3-5k for a good break-in . I agree on comfort and it looks better than the Lexus

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
260 Posts
Welcome, neighbor. We bought our '19 Forester (base) in October as a retirement gift to ourselves since we have a lot of trips planned the next several years. It is our first Subaru. Love it so far - coming up on 7K miles.

We have averaged 30MPG (real, not dash computer) on a half-dozen trips between Morgantown and Petersburg, going over Mt Storm or down through Blackwater Falls/Seneca Rocks. It's been as high as 38 MPG down in the "flatlands" of Virginia and Maryland. I'm a pretty light-footed driver, though.

What part of WV are you at?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
14 Posts
The Lexus comparisons crack me up. When we bought our Forester the two other cars we considered were Lexus and Acura. My wife, who is far more sensitive to comfort issues than me, thought the others were downright miserable compared to the Forester.

A lot of our neighbors go for the so-called luxury brands. I've never understood what drives people to pay more and get less, but I'm finally beginning to understand the futility of trying to change their minds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts