Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Base, manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My partner and I bought one of the last manual transmission Foresters available in Canada. Had to buy it in Ontario, fly out from British Columbia and drive back home! It's a base model 2.5.

Just sold our 2015 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x because we got rid of our 17 ft. trailer and didn't need a gas guzzler anymore.
We are going to set up the Forester for towing a small teardrop trailer and give it some off-road protection for the rough logging roads around here, lots of great camping in the nearby mountains. Perhaps a 1.5" lift and undercarriage shields to help with rocks, sticks, and deeper snow.
So, we'll be asking about best trailer tow hitches, lift kits, etc.

It's our first Subaru, seems like a nice vehicle but it would have been nice if Subaru still provided real gauges for things like temperature, oil pressure, and voltage. Not sure I like the digital fuel gauge either as we're so used to analog.
The other thing that will take getting used to is the electric power steering, seems kinda twitchy.

With all that said, love the visibility and general ergonomics of the car. Pretty fun to drive and much better milage than the Frontier!
Cheers.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,442 Posts
Congrats. If you knew you wanted it, why did you fly out there as opposed to having it shipped over?

Where in BC are ya?

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Base, manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@hoshie Had to do with costs, might as well see some of the country for the same price!

We're in the East Kootenays near Cranbrook B.C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts