Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited CVT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am the proud owner of a new to me 2018 Forester Limited (23 package?) in gleaming silver with about 12,000 miles. This is the foist Subaru I have owned but have a great admiration for them due to friends that have them and rave about them. I some ways they remind me of the early 70s SAAB cars that I owned. Well built, easy to maintain, common sense as to what is necessary and tough as nails. I bought this car a few days ago and am loving it! The gas mileage is astounding!!! I drive out in the country a lot and usually set the cruise for 50 to 55 and enjoy the ride. I'm not what I would call and extreme mileage warrior but I'm probably close as I coast a when possible and safe to save on gas and brakes. Today I took a 30 mile trip on mostly flat roads and only stopped for gas near home and the average MPG blew me away. Now I don't know how accurate it is but I hope like mad that it is close. When I got home I took a picture of the triple gauge. Lifetime (odo) was 27.6 and the AVG MPG was 47.0! Holy moly Rocky!!! As I said I don't know how accurate that is so I am recording the mileage for the 1st 10 fill-ups to see how close it will be.

I had the dealer add the remote start option, undercoating and a 2" trailer hitch today. Going to add after market splash guards as I often drove on dirt/gravel roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,281 Posts
@HUjorgen, I too have a silver 2018 Limited and am also impressed with the fuel economy. With 17,915 miles on the odometer my lifetime odo is showing 33.0 mpg. I do mostly highway driving and am pretty easy on the throttle. BTW, if you do a manual calculation you'll find that the built-in mpg calculator overstates your fuel economy by about 1.5 mpg. Still pretty thrifty on gas!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,281 Posts
I had the dealer add the remote start option, undercoating and a 2" trailer hitch today. Going to add after market splash guards as I often drove on dirt/gravel roads.
if you had a chance to drive your car before it was undercoated, has the undercoating muted road noise any?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't drive it much before the undercoating was put on. I put the undercoating on to protect from the salt, gravel etc.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
122 Posts
I am afraid the 47 mpg was based on the 8 miles after you filled up and thus not accurate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am afraid the 47 mpg was based on the 8 miles after you filled up and thus not accurate.
Don't be afraid. :) It probably was as I am just figuring out how the mileage calculators work. I think that one is since the car was started after filling the tank.

I guy can dream though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts