Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Milan Auto
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good evening fellow Subaru owners,

My wife just got a 2006 Forester 2.5X, 5 speed manual, with 84,210 miles. We saw it on eBay and drove to Reno, Nevada to inspect it and bought it after a short test drive from Lithia Reno Subaru.
We paid $10,846.75 plus $345 for "documentary fees" which I am pretty sure is a good price.

Are there any need to know/heads up for this year vehicle with 85k miles?
Thanks and Happy Holidays!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the Forester purchase, sound like you got a great deal! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

I'd recommend registering at MySubaru. It's free & you can get lots of service information there. You can also document the services you have done. MySubaru is a very "slow" site, so you'll have to be patient. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Milan Auto
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MySubaru

I'd recommend registering at MySubaru. It's free & you can get lots of service information there. You can also document the services you have done. MySubaru is a very "slow" site, so you'll have to be patient. :frown:
Thanks for the heads up. Bad news unfortunately:
There is no documented service history for our vehicle whatsoever.
Worst of all there is an outstanding recall "Fuel Tank One-way Fuel Valve" (WVL22)

Should I be worried that our vehicle is missing a documented service history?
What if neglected should I be looking out for that may have been skipped?

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
the dealer that you got it from should have done the recall work before the sale.........odd and no service history means a coupe of things, a) the service could have been done by someone on their own, or b) at a local shop that did not log it. your best bet is to get in touch with your local subaru dealer and have the recall work done and have them do the service interval, that is nearest to the mileage of the car

·
Registered
2010 Milan Auto
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Clueless?

the dealer that you got it from should have done the recall work before the sale.........odd
I thought the exact same thing but did not know about the recall work until after speaking to Subaru USA by phone and then seeing the same information on the MySubaru website.

The dealership stated that they "reconditioned the vehicle" but I only remember seeing that they changed the oil and filter and cannot remember any other details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts