Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza AT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I already posted on the forum before but this is my official "I'm a Forester owner" thread! I finally picked one up yesterday, it's a 2004 XT with 49k miles on it. I paid a pretty steep price for it at the dealer but it's insanely clean and has all the latest service records and I got confirmation that all maintenance was done at the Subaru dealer in a timely fashion. :woohoo: It's quite saddening to see how cheap XT's go for in the US, but in Canada we are destined to pay high prices it seems. Ah well, I'm still glad of my purchase!

I gave the privilege to my wife to drive it home from the dealer while I was driving behind her in our other car (1998 suzuki swift; nice upgrade eh?) and I noticed some water dripping from the exhaust occasionally. I assume this is normal (a byproduct of combustion or the catalytic converter?) but just to make sure: is this something to nag the dealer about? I have a one month legal warranty so if there's anything to fix, now's the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,760 Posts
Congrats, sounds like a good one. Don't worry about the exhaust dripping water as mine does that too. Enjoy that new-to-you Fozzy. Just try to wipe that XT turbo smile off your face:).

·
Registered
2008 08 FXT limited 4EAT
40 Posts
Welcome to the forum

and congrats on your new purchase. An 04 XT with only 49,000 miles and super clean to boot. Outstanding. I totally dig that year. They rock.

So enjoy and have a blast.................

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Slut J-F,
Tu l'as acheté finnallement? Félicitation!
Tu m'as jamais ré-écris de PM. Je pensais que tu avais laisser tomber.
Bienvenue dans la gang de subaru! :banana:
Check out aussi Montreal subaru club!

Bonne journée!

·
Registered
2002 Impreza AT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@rusty jake: thanks for the info about the water, now I can relax :)

@skullmurdoc: (I'll keep it in English so others can "benefit") Yes I bought the one I sent you a link to, from Lévis Subaru! They wouldn't drop the price at all because they're selling it at a loss (I actually saw the price they bought the car for) but I got them to throw me 4 summer tires. All in all, not a bad deal for an uber-clean 04. Now I need to install an armrest for the center console!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts