Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I have Forester 2.0XT AT 2003 SG5 Black. I'm from Almaty city, Kazakhstan.
I've been reading a lot of performance advices from different forums. I used to own Outback and then Toyota Camry Gen2 and finally got XT.
It's really difficult to find info about 2.0XT's. So if you somebody could help me out it will be much appreciated. I know that my engine is similar to one used in Impreza 01-02 (bug eye) EJ205. I've already bought but not yet installed:

Samco turbo hose and radiator hoses
lightweight cdfracing crank pulley
front strut brace (Kakumei)
double din pod housing
K&N air filter (installed)
radiator shroud (DIY)
STI hood scoop
HID kit (headlights and fog lights)
Gauges
Exhaust heat wrap
Full lip kit
Deizin Voltage Stabiliser (installed)
Magnetic draing plug (engine oil)
STI oil cap
Uprated radiator cap 1.3bar

I'm also planning to port and polish intake manifold. Won't make it too long, here are some of my questions:
1. How do I find out whether my XT is EDM, JDM or other type? Is possible to find out via vin code because I'm not sure which type are sold here but they are LHD. I've been racing with RHD 2.0XT JDM AT and won the race easily....might seem strange

2. What Impreza year parts are interchangeable? Most people refer to GD models, especially, bug eye 01-02.But they talked about 2.5XTs USDM. Anything about 2.0XTs

3. I want to purchase Goodbridge SS brake lines, but they don't have for XT, but have in stock GD impreza ones. Will they be direct fit(Impreza GD)?

4. What bhp gains can i make on stock turbo? I believe most people say it is TF035 Mitsubishi turbo that is set to 0.55bars on stock(If my XT is EDM). Fuel cut out is set at 0.8bar. If I set at 0.7-0.75bar using MBS or EBC how many hp I will gain?

Some Qs might have been covered, but as I see they were covered regarding the 2.5XT models. Any help will be much appreciated.

Here are fotos of the engine bay, which is really dirty.I will clean the engine as soon as whether gets better. Exterior photos will be soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from the Netherlands :cool:

I'm pretty sure you can find all answers on this site

Yes, I've seen couple of interesting threads regarding 2.0XTs, but I can't rely on them as I need to find out what type my XT is (EDM, JDM, etc.)

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
welcome to the forum....

1. How do I find out whether my XT is EDM, JDM or other type? Is possible to find out via vin code because I'm not sure which type are sold here but they are LHD. I've been racing with RHD 2.0XT JDM AT and won the race easily....might seem strange
Your Forester from the VIN number appears to be a EDM MY03 2.0XT Automatic LHD with off-black interior. Paint code 18L is Graphite black.

Other information can be found here...........
2003 Subaru Forester Service-manual

2. What Impreza year parts are interchangeable? Most people refer to GD models, especially, bug eye 01-02.But they talked about 2.5XTs USDM. Anything about 2.0XTs
Bug eye 01/02 would be correct. Probably find plenty of info by searching the Europe forum.

3. I want to purchase Goodridge SS brake lines, but they don't have for XT, but have in stock GD impreza ones. Will they be direct fit(Impreza GD)?
Should fit OK, just make sure they have the same attachment method at the front strut.

4. What bhp gains can i make on stock turbo? I believe most people say it is TF035 Mitsubishi turbo that is set to 0.55bars on stock(If my XT is EDM). Fuel cut out is set at 0.8bar. If I set at 0.7-0.75bar using MBS or EBC how many hp I will gain?
If you check out the 2.0L Turbo Engine and Europe forums you should be able to find various threads covering this. The MY03 XT has a similar engine to the MY01 onwards SF S Turbo so info would apply as well.
Stock turbo can be pushed to about 235BHP but would need a remap for that.

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Don

Do you know if there is any possibility that remap firms will sell me tuned map over the internet? Presumably, by sending the remapped file on email. We have only one or two tuning agencies that specilize in engine performance and most firms just do cosmetic stuff. Even, those services I don't really trust, because I've been reading a lot about performance while I was at the University of Manchester, UK and it seems that after some mods you will need a remap for sure.
Most tuners in my city are a bit stupid, they just decat their exhaust system, raise turbo pressure, put short-ram intake,vent-to-atmospere BOVs and most funnily claim that they making around 300bhp or more on their JDM foresters SF, without any remap! The funniest is that when I asked them do you have any problems with your mods without remap, they say no, but after a while you can see them in repair service.:biggrin:

I've seen that tools for remapping aren't that expensive: tactrix cable, ECUflash software, laptop and most importantly maps. Can i buy maps anywhere, as I can't bring the car or the ECU to the UK? So, i thought that if I have tuned map and tools I can do it myself, as I'll will just need to copy original remap and upload a new one. Presumably, first by using check run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts