Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a used 1999 forester with 81,000 miles. it`s my first subaru and i am liking it so far. would anyone know if there is another subaru with the identical engine that i can get a chilton or haynes manual for, as they do not make one for the 1999 forester. i live by these manuals and do most work myself, so i definitely need to find one. any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
434 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
you can get away with the manual for the 2000 model should be essentially the same, and I think that Chilton puts the Forester and Legacy in the same books.
Yes they do...I have the Chilton manual. I have a 99s

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,894 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your '99 Forester purchase! Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
1999 forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure?

Yes they do...I have the Chilton manual. I have a 99s
where did you purchase it because i cant find one anywhere, even online. does it actually say 1999 forester on the cover or is it for the 1999 legacy?the 2000 forester has a different motor so that manual wont work.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
434 Posts
where did you purchase it because i cant find one anywhere, even online. does it actually say 1999 forester on the cover or is it for the 1999 legacy?the 2000 forester has a different motor so that manual wont work.
I got it from O'Reilly's . It is for the 2000 & up Legacy and Forester. It should work for the 99 for most things.

·
Registered
1999 forester
5 Posts
Check online or the bay for the software CD which contains the manual for the Forester applications. 98-02 Forester years are what you should be looking for. You'll have to use a computer to view it but if you want Forester instructions more specific to your year then the CD is what you'll want. Just a suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts