Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm a new 19' Forester Owner, living in Upstate NY. My wife and I are hoping to start a family soon, so we needed a bigger vehicle. Previously I was driving an 09' Nissan Altima, and while I loved it, it was starting to get a little long in the tooth. So I've taken the plunge and joined the Subaru family. LOVE the new redesigned Forester. I'm a big guy, 6'4, so I'm really digging the big headroom and expansive cabin. I got the Premium edition, the push button and keyless entry was a MUST for me.

Really enjoying the Subaru family. It's a great brand and I have no doubt I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester Automatic
85 Posts
Syracuse Forester too! Bill Rapp. Never Romano. Have you had issues with rust?
Getting my 2019 from Bill Rapp, they came out and gave me their best deal right off. I got my 2011 from Romano, I think they thought I’d just buy my next car from them— they offered the Subaru trade in value and my salesman was kinda pushing the package above the one I said I wanted. I didn’t feel like jumping through hoops to see if they would match the deal Bill Rapp gave me. Waiting for my car to come from the factory. I had bought a Grand Am from Bill Rapp several years ago, so I have no issues dealing with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Romano was awful. Their salesperson was very condescending to me when I threw out a number that he didn't like. He all but showed me the door at that point. I went back to Bill Rapp and was happy to do so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Syracuse Forester too! Bill Rapp. Never Romano. Have you had issues with rust?
Got mine from Romano. Didnt really have an issues besides just haggling back and forth, which was all in good fun. In the end I felt I got a good price for the car and the salesman was good through he process.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester Automatic
85 Posts
Last time Romano kept calling me and offering more money on my Kia because it was 5 years old and less than 40,000 miles. This time my car is 8 years old with 75,000 miles and some scratches and dings which means they’ll probably wholesale it. My salesman at Romano offered $5196, though the Subaru guaranteed trade is $5220 supposedly because it made math easier. He also really wasn’t listening to what options I wanted and how much I wanted to pay. Bill Rapp offered $7500 and ordered exactly what I want from the factory, and the payments are where I want them to be. I didn’t feel like haggling with Romano when Bill Rapp gave me their best offer first thing to get my business.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Romano’s salesman was very condescending towards me when I threw out a number and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I went back to Bill Rapp the next day, ready to make a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts