Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed the other day, ITP released their UltraCross Tire in a 15" rim size!

ITP TIRES - The World's #1 ATV Aftermarket Tire & Wheel Source :: UltraCross

Over the weekend i saw pictures my friends took while they were at the sand dunes in michagan. It looked like a blast, and I figured once my motor is done i'll have the power to maybe screw around a little on the dunes, but I would need some paddle tires.

I went online and discovered 15" rims are now offered for UTV's which means that very soon 15" rimmed 26" - 28" ultra aggressive offroad tires will be coming out. There's no doubt these tires will be strictly for offroad use, but I wouldn't mind getting a set to visit the dunes with :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
They'll also not be capable of handling a full sized vehicle, right? What's the load rating on a UTV tire?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
That is dangerously close. 1000lb/wheel is not enough.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The older subaru guys have been doing it for a while with 14" atv/utv tires. Most wheel are only rated to 1500lb anyway.

Those could work for a lightweight offroader, definitely not street use though.

Interco already has their super swamper radial in a 27x9.5x15 which could fit pretty well on a forester (modded one of course), but they're not the greatest tire, i wish more would be offered in that size.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The older subaru guys have been doing it for a while with 14" atv/utv tires. Most wheel are only rated to 1500lb anyway.

Those could work for a lightweight offroader, definitely not street use though.

Interco already has their super swamper radial in a 27x9.5x15 which could fit pretty well on a forester (modded one of course), but they're not the greatest tire, i wish more would be offered in that size.
Yea these would definately not be for street use at all, but for somebody who wanted to go trail crawling for a weekend, or hit the dunes like myself, they might work out really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts