Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports, 5MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im Ryan, this is my daily driver, and I dont do forums like I used to, but i thought id go ahead and join up anyways.
Its an 08 XT Sports, 5 speed, 124k miles in great shape.
No real plans with it - I actually sold my 04 VW R32 and got this because it fits a car seat better and I'm expecting my first child like... today. or tomorrow. or this week...
I overpaid because I was in need of a car quickly and these arent very common in this style and condition. Talked them down to 20k from 25k. I'm happy with it, though I do know what else I could have gotten for that price.

Only plans I have are making it not as quiet as a Prius, and back more toward the R32 level of noise - nothing very loud. I also have a friend with an 04 STi with takeoff suspension laying around that he is going to give me because i cant stand how tall this thing is.

In other news, racing is my life. I'm president and founder of a group here in Portland called Bridge City Autosports. We put on autocross events. My other car is a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S, built specifically for hillclimbs. Its bored and stroked to 3.25L (big 4 cylinder), putting out 460hp/504tq.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
12 Posts
Welcome! Thats quite a price you paid but as long as youre happy thats all that matters. Im a fellow Oregonian over in Happy Valley / Damascus.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports, 5MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Thats quite a price you paid but as long as youre happy thats all that matters. Im a fellow Oregonian over in Happy Valley / Damascus.
Yeah, its in near pristine condition. like two tiny door dings that could be PDR'd easily, the rest is basically absolutely perfect. But i got a lot of "you could have had a 500hp sti for that!" blah blah, i already have an overly powerful moneypit, i dont need to daily another :rolleyes:

Reactions: Remedi

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car and new baby that's coming soon.

I don't miss those early days I'll tell you, but it gets way easier in just a short couple of years. It didn't help that we got a relatively late start but it was all worth it. I actually retired early to help raise my son and haven't regretted it one bit.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
382 Posts
Congrats on both...That car is quite the unicorn. I also have an 08 Sports XT 5MT, and it took me years to find mine, as only about 240 were made. Most of them have been snatched up by enthusiasts at this point, so finding one that looks to be completely stock this far after production is a small miracle. Don't worry to much about the price. I paid about that same amount when I bought mine, almost 10 years ago. The value on that particular model doesn't depreciate because it is so rare, and several of them have sold for 30K+ on BAT recently. I would definitely see if you can get your insurance company to do a stated value policy for at least $30k, as the car is rare enough and very sought after, that only being covered for the replacement value of a 12 year old station wagon, is not gonna be in your best interest. Feel free to message me with any questions you have in regards to your modding plans. (although with your racing background I doubt you'll need much help.)

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports, 5MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, that was my thought, though i didnt know HOW rare, but i knew i wasnt finding any others in manual with this front end in XT. i looked at an almost identical 05 but it had leather and heated seats etc, in also great condition, same color, but i just couldnt get myself to like that front end as much.
i actually went to look at this one just so i could see the front end and see if i liked it as much in person. i told myself i wasnt going to buy it.
so here i am. lol

Reactions: dra2120
1 - 9 of 9 Posts