Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
breanna's o7 fxt feels sloppy in the motor mounts.
will standard sti takeoffs be legit?
are group "n" any different or should i go with some beatrush or whatever its called.
we both like a solid feeling motor and tranny. dont care if i gain some vibration. would like to get these done before the tune.

any suggestions.
theres a guy selling 07 sti limited take off engine/pitch/tranny mounts and bushings on craigslist.
oh and are the brakelines and balljoints different or are they the same?

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Is her XT auto or manual?I will have my Group N trans mount pulled out soon with my 6speed swap.

I also have the Group N eng mounts & love them.my wife also approves of them so thats good.

joe r

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is her XT auto or manual?I will have my Group N trans mount pulled out soon with my 6speed swap.

I also have the Group N eng mounts & love them.my wife also approves of them so thats good.

joe r
its a manual.
so the sti mounts are def worth it then. are the group n's differant than stock sti mounts
i could get the
engine
rear pitch
tranny
tranny bushings
rear diff- would i even need these
heres a link the ad hes local.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840404
i will prb just go for the
engine
tranny
tranny bushings
and rear pitch
what you think joe?

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
The pitch mount was a good addition and cheap. It will however make the interior louder.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i guess im immune to road noise, i swear i didnt feel any increase in noise w/ the pitch mount. my rear diff outrigger bushings on the other hand...

fyi- the motor mounts will increase the "subie wiggle." you might feel like your car is idling ruff, but its just the stiffer mounts!

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
Yeah, you're the one that told me to get it! You must be hard of hearing, it was clearly apparent the first time I started the car after installing it. But not loud enough to bother...

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so far she ordered
avo rear diff bushings
avo tranny crossmember bushings
avo rack and pinion bushings.
rallitek shifter bushings.
should be ordering the cusco engine and tranny mount next week.
yes i know that i will have a good amount of nvh. its ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts