Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5-speed
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 FXT and have been slowly building it. Bought it stock, and it now has a invidia 3" catless exhaust and Cobb intake. But now im about to install a Invidia catless up-pipe and catted downpipe. So my question is with these mods all installed would I need to get the car tuned to ensure everything will work properly? I know it would obviously be a good idea and would be better if I did, but will it harm anything if I wait a bit before I get around to getting it tuned?

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,702 Posts
Most definately Yes!

Heck, car wont even run right without a tune for an intake.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual 5sp.
1,662 Posts
Definitely. Most people will tell you that you don't need a tune with just an intake, but even that can throw codes or make your car run strangely.

After a few simple bolt ons, a pro-tune can make a world of difference. Although, I'd do a slightly larger turbo (V39/42?) and an STI TMIC to really get the most bang out of a pro tune.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5-speed
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was planning to just get the parts installed at a regular muffler shop, would they be able to tune it for the upgrades, or am I going to need to take it to a ProTuner??

·
Registered
04 forester xt
969 Posts
You need to stop what your doing and read, read, and read some more on here and more so on nasioc. Tuning is a big deal on turbo charged vehicles, and luckily Subaru has good support and are easy to tune.. Research Cobb acessport and opensource tuning using a tactrix cable

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts