Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 GT30r'd Forester JDM 6-speed
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the middle of installing some d-spec's and 05 prodrive red springs on my 04 FXT. I need some advice on what to do with my bumpstops. I asked Stan_t this in a private message, but since he's not currently online, and I need a quick responce, I thought I would ask in the forum.

I see alot of people cutting their bumpstops when putting lowering springs on their stock struts, but what needs to be done when using both aftermarket stuts, and aftermarket springs on a FXT. Tokico's instructions mention nothing about it, and prodrive provides you with bumpstops, but they are for an STi with inverted stuts, and will not work for my d-spec's. Anyone run into this problem before and can give me the correct answer? I appreciate any help that can be given.

·
Registered
2005 GT30r'd Forester JDM 6-speed
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang, it's nice to know that everyone is so on top of this one..... well I gotta give a big shout out to my boy Stan_t who was able to give me some decent advice and set me on the right track. The car now handles about average..... I was kinda disappointed, but I'm 100% sure that the culprit is the horrible Republic Ensign tires that are on there...... no name tires suuuuuck. But tomorrow my baby will have her day, and she's getting some new shoes.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
I take a wild guess and say the reason for cutting them is with shorter suspension travel you be bottoming out very soon if the bumpstops are too long for that type of suspension.
Don't take what I say 100% correct. I'm only guessing here.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i held up stockers and the rce aftermarket bumps and cut my oems to match. basically take the first nub off and you're good to go...

btw good thing you are getting new tires, tires are the most important aspect of handling!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts