Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing their full TBE w/ catted downpipe. They said they could ship longer hangers for the rear. I thought $500 shipped was a pretty good deal.

It would go on a 04 XT w/ STI strut/springs.

Here's the Nasioc page:
Speedtech 3" '02-'07 WRX/STI Exhaust Systems!!! - NASIOC

Here's their product page:
Subaru WRX/STI (02-07)

Has anybody heard of them, or used their stuff before?
I thought this might be a good middle ground between the super pricey $1000+ stuff and the $200 stuff on ebay.

They got some good press under "Vendor Reviews" on NASIOC.

Let me know what you think.

Thanx

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
I haven't heard of this exhaust before, but it sounds like a nice deal w/ a catted dp. This looks just like the surewin v2 ebay exhaust that's been floating around. Sounds nice on that wrx!

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
The muffler looks like a Cobb/Stromung replica, which I've seen firsthand and was unimpressed - I have a Cobb TBE and the quality is superb. I'm not sure if this is the same exhaust or not.

Are you opposed to buying used? You should be able to get a top-notch used catted setup for <$600. If used is ok, look for setups by Cobb, TurboXS, Invidia, APS, Prodrive, etc.

Here's what I found after a quick search:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f65/exhaust-sale-turboxs-ab-zero-sports-cbe-67991/

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...l-power-kits-turboxs-tial-prodrive-etc-67058/

Cobb apv2, Invidia catted dp,hks cb... Alot more. - NASIOC

Turbo xs TBE! - NASIOC

Prodrive Catless Downpipe Subaru WRX STI : eBay Motors (item 180471572015 end time Mar-21-10 10:50:21 PDT)

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
It's a Cobb/Stromung replica for sure. There MAY be some fitment issues though (nothing that'll prevent it from being usable though). Someone brought it up in a Gimmick thread but his post was deleted, as expected. The Gimmick one is the same, as is a Surewin exhaust (can't remember if it was v2 or m2).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts